website statistics

Men's Handball IHF World Championship 2019

Yannakis

3 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

Are you saying that France wanted to play against Denmark instead of Norway? If so, then there is no way that this is true. Denmark is the favorite for gold.

I am also not sure whether France would have finished 2nd anyways if Germany would have won their match against Spain?

For me it's 50/50 between Norway and Germany, but 60/40 in favor of Denmark in the other semifinal.

France is always very dangerous when it comes to finals , they know how to win these matches very well , if i was them i'd prefer to rest some players and to avoid playing with Denmark and Germany at home , as the host always get some help from referees , so it's much better to play Denmark in Semis in Hamburg rather than playing them in Denmark , ofc it's just a guess i can't say they did that on purpose 

Il y a 10 heures , thepharoah a déclaré:

France is always very dangerous when it comes to finals , they know how to win these matches very well , if i was them i'd prefer to rest some players and to avoid playing with Denmark and Germany at home , as the host always get some help from referees , so it's much better to play Denmark in Semis in Hamburg rather than playing them in Denmark , ofc it's just a guess i can't say they did that on purpose 

Unlikely, AFAIK, they've never done it on purpose and they didn't do it against Russia during the first group wich would have give them a slighty better schedule for the second round.

I believe, they didn't really care one way or the another, and that was obvious on the court.

Edit: one of the most amazing statistic about this team: since Beijing 08, out of the 28 KO games they played, they won 25 of them :yikes:

Edited by De_Gambassi

vor 26 Minuten schrieb LDOG:

Denmark will be champions for sure.  

Sniff sniff Do I smell a norwegian upset? Hope so :p

Hopefully not, the 2 best teams deserve to be in the final. A final between the 2 co-hosts would be a great end to this record-breaking tournament.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.