website statistics

Men's Handball IHF World Championship 2019

Yannakis

hace 17 minutos, JoshMartini007 said:

Worlds take priority over continental spots, if someone is qualified the spots move down one. Of course this format is unfair as it gives 7th place in the Worlds a better chance of qualifying over the 4th/5th places, not sure why they wouldn't continue the snake pattern and place the best non-qualified European team in Tournament 1.

This is good for our team I guess? If we have our complete team I rate our chances even if we go against Hungary or Iceland.

vor 17 Minuten schrieb LDOG:

This is good for our team I guess? If we have our complete team I rate our chances even if we go against Hungary or Iceland.

Iceland is not possible I think.

Most probably you will play against Egypt (if not African Champion) or Hungary (Spain is possible as well). And one of semifinalist (France, Germany, Denmark or Norway) 

and then 2nd from Asia (maybe South Korea or Bahrain?) I guess Qatar will win Asian Championship. 

It depends all a bit who will be European Champion and African Champion. 

Of course all this is assuming Brazill will be Panamerican champion, and I guess you have chance there as well. and of course you have to at least 2nd at Panamericans :)

Edited by prso1000

hace 2 minutos, dcro said:

Again the formula with easiest group for 2nd/7th team, lol.

Hungary will probably become "7th" and then qualify through the easiest group. What a lucky break for them.

I remember everyone here saying the same about Macedonia before Rio and they lost to Tunisia. I see no reason why our team couldn't beat them when we tied them here without our two best players. Much less Brazil if they were to play.

France will play Denmark in Germany and ofc if they win they'll play Germany if they qualify at Denmark , i don't actually exclude the probability that they lost today on purpose :d they won't play a host nation anymore , anyway very strong Semis ahead to come , Denmark vs. France and Norway vs. Germany , it's almost 50-50 in both matches 

Iceland can only qualify through the European Championships and will thus be placed in either tournament 2 or 3. The only options for the second world championship team in the first tournament are Spain, Egypt, Brazil or Hungary. I'll be cheering for both Iceland and Macedonia, but it's unlikely that both will make it to the final tournaments.

Yeah Qatar is not guaranteed to win the Asian Championships and would make qualifying for Egypt/Brazil/Hungary/Argentina/Chile a lot harder should they fail and finish runner-up. Even Bahrain finishing second among those teams isn't that crazy.

vor 23 Stunden schrieb thepharoah:

France will play Denmark in Germany and ofc if they win they'll play Germany if they qualify at Denmark , i don't actually exclude the probability that they lost today on purpose :d they won't play a host nation anymore , anyway very strong Semis ahead to come , Denmark vs. France and Norway vs. Germany , it's almost 50-50 in both matches 

Are you saying that France wanted to play against Denmark instead of Norway? If so, then there is no way that this is true. Denmark is the favorite for gold.

I am also not sure whether France would have finished 2nd anyways if Germany would have won their match against Spain?

For me it's 50/50 between Norway and Germany, but 60/40 in favor of Denmark in the other semifinal.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.