website statistics

Men's Handball IHF World Championship 2019

Yannakis

53 minutes ago, MHSN said:

looks like you are going to play in 7th place match ;) even though Hungary needed that probably more than you (for the Olympic qualification)

btw I really enjoy watching Norway team play. they really deserve a place in semifinal. I just hope Denmark and Sweden match doesn't end up like something we had in Euro 2004 :d  just kidding Norway is also Scandinavian and Denmark playing at home. no way they lose intentionally but imagine Sweden leading by 3 in last minute ... both teams will settle for that. that's why last group matches should be at the same time.

Hungary still holds a chance , if Egypt and Brazil won continental qualifications which won't be easy anyhow , i even still predict Tunisia to win the next African championship as they will host it , so even Egypt a top 8 finish is something necessary for olympic qualification , cuz now we have another chance to qualify , basically ofc one of top 7 teams here will win the next European championship , so if we lose the next african championship in Tunisia we'll have Asian and Americas 2nd place in the Olympic qualification much better ofc than having 2 European teams 

Edited by thepharoah

So the semifinals will be Germany v Sweden and Denmark v France?

If the ultimate goal for the german team is to win a medal, then this is probably a good thing, but if the ultimate goal is to win the tournament, then i am not so sure. Don't see any chance of Germany beating Denmark at their home in a possible final, certainly the chances of beating them would have been much better with home advantage in the semifinal. On the other hand France might beat Denmark in the semifinal and then the final could be 50/50 ... :mumble:

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Just now, OlympicsFan said:

So the semifinals will be Germany v Sweden and Denmark v France?

If the ultimate goal for the german team is to win a medal, then this is probably a good thing, but if the ultimate goal is to win the tournament, then i am not so sure. Don't see any chance of Germany beating Denmark at their home in a possible final, certainly the chances of beating them would have been much better with home advantage in the semifinal. On the other hand France might beat Denmark in the semifinal and then the final could be 50/50 ... :mumble:

Are you calling matchfixing before the match?

Gerade eben schrieb thepharoah:

Yes 

Might be the best chance for Germany to qualify, given how up and down this team is ...

Great at 2016 european championships and 2016 olympics, then shit in 2017 and 2018 and now great again. I am still not convinced that this is the right coach, i think the results are mainly due to home advantage. This team could very well lose against 8-10 other european teams (Sweden, Denmark, Norway, France, Hungary, Slovenia, Russia, Croatia, Iceland) at any given time withouth the home advantage.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

hace 34 minutos, thepharoah said:

so if we lose the next african championship in Tunisia we'll have Asian and Americas 2nd place in the Olympic qualification much better ofc than having 2 European teams 

How do you know this? Is that information released? 

20 minutes ago, LDOG said:

How do you know this? Is that information released? 

According to the qualification document it's the same as 2016.

The continents are ranked based on the best performing nation at the Worlds

1st - Europe

2nd - Africa

3rd - Americas

4th - Asia

Europe gets two spots and since Oceania didn't place between 8th-12th they are not given a spot and Africa will be given a second spot. The tournaments will be as follows

Tournament 1

2nd Worlds

7th Worlds

2nd Americas

2nd Asian

Tournament 2

3rd Worlds

6th Worlds

2nd African

3rd European

Tournament 3

4th Worlds

5th Worlds

2nd Europeans

3rd African

Worlds take priority over continental spots, if someone is qualified the spots move down one. Of course this format is unfair as it gives 7th place in the Worlds a better chance of qualifying over the 4th/5th places, not sure why they wouldn't continue the snake pattern and place the best non-qualified European team in Tournament 1.