website statistics

Men's Football UEFA European Championship 2020

Totallympics

Justo ahora, Olympian1010 dijo:

My biggest takeaway from that whole comment was that Poland calls it a “Roman Salute”, while the some countries use “Hitler Salute”, abs still others use “Nazi Salute”

It's the same with the swastika which is a centuries old symbol yet many just call it "the nazi symbol". 

8 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

My biggest takeaway from that whole comment was that Poland calls it a “Roman Salute”, while the some countries use “Hitler Salute”, abs still others use “Nazi Salute”

The fascist (roman) salute and the nazi salute are two different things

9 godzin temu, Olympian1010 napisał:

Well, I always look English Wikipedia when I'm using some names I'm not sure so... :p It's official name of this gesture, what can I say? In Poland comonly we call it "Hitler's Greeting", "Nazi Greeting" or sth like that.

37 minut temu, Gianlu33 napisał:

The fascist (roman) salute and the nazi salute are two different things

Well, yes and no. Gesture of straight arm isn't even really a Roman thing cause we don't know how real legionares salute looked like. In Rome gesture of empty right hand was sign of good intentions or simply greetings so sometimes whole arm was raised but it wasn't part of the gesture. There are some examples of using gesture of straight right arm (for example oath of Augustus to the Caesar or reliefs of Roman victories) but they are individual cases usually with difference between them (closed hand, outstretched fingers, bent arm etc.). I don't now why fascist salute is consider as ancient Roman, probably contribution of Mussolini and his crew, but now it's called Roman salute :dunno:

Ok, enough of history lesson. It's football topic, god damnit ;) 

Say whatever you want about Slovakia but for this you got 2 years in Slovakia. 

Rome or not Rome, nobody give two shits about it here, this sign is per our law called "Hajlovanie" literally translated as "Heil-ing" and thus considered as Nazi symbol, sentence 2 years in Jail.

Even a simple small Swastika tattoo means 6 months, foreigner or not. ;) As I already wrote it here a couple of times our prisons are full of foreign "football fans" because they don´t know that.  Morons :p

It's the same England story every time they go to Eastern Europe. It doesn't matter if it's Bulgaria, Montenegro, Kosovo or anywhere closer. How come such things don't happen to France or Portugal? They don't have enough black players? I haven't seen them complain about racism. Because there is nothing directly against them. 

The truth is people here know the provocative tricks England has been doing for years, when it comes to Eastern Europe. Of course you won't hear anything about their media bashing against our country, that was happening the whole week. Or of the trashing of Sofia, before the match by their "fans". 

England had a plan and they executed it perfectly. They very well knew, they would make a demonstration for the previous match and nothing that was happening in stadium would have changed that. People here knew there was a strong possibility of an England boycott of the match. Everything was normal until they purposely stopped playing in the 30th minute. After that everything escalated just like it was expected.

It's the reverse psychology. The more you tell people not to do something, the more they would do it. Especially with all the negative comments that circulated in the week. The english were expecting a hellhole full of racist gypsies and the idiots in the stadium made sure they received, what they expected. Every time they stopped playing or threatened to boycott, the boos were louder and louder. 

Hope they throw our team from the competitions, so we don't have to endure such results. Football is dead here...

What happened last night was truly sad and inexcusable and i'm ashamed Bulgaria is in the worldwide news with this. But there is always two sides of the coin...

rass1.jpg

Both England and Bulgaria will be held responsible for the shitshow that occurred yesterday. UEFA is charging England for disruption of the Bulgarian national anthem and for not bringing enough stewards. Bulgaria has a few more charges. Racist behavior, throwing objects, disruption of English national anthem, and replays on a giant screen (the last one is so, so dumb).

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Pretty funny that the kind of people who yell about "Master Race", compare black people to monkeys etc. are usually the ones who behave the most animalistic and barbaric.

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk