website statistics

Men's Football UEFA European Championship 2020

Totallympics

26 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

What, no one is celebrating Andorra's first three points in a qualification match :( 

But hell yeah :AND Congrats for them.

Lol I can't even find the video

All what is trending is the "two spiderman pointing each other" meme due to their flag similarities

50 minutes ago, LDOG said:

What's up with the nazi salutes though?

Bulgaria was an axis aligned state....

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Federer91 said:

The big english circus has come to Bulgaria. Let them suspend the match, they deserve everything they don't hear...

Just like to point out, that when I go to international sporting events. I tend to cheer on all athletes in a positive manner. I sure would’ve hated it if someone yelled out highly derogatory things at me when I was a track runner/jumper. I don’t even really boo athletes. Only in extreme cases where there’s been bad behavior or cheating from athlete would I do it. It’s not acceptable the way the fans conducted themselves today, on purpose, and the international sports community should not tolerate it. This has been a huge problem, especially in Eastern Europe and soccer for years. It’s about time someone takes action.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Przed chwilą, Olympian1010 napisał:

Bulgaria was an axis aligned state....

But that has nothing to do with it. You are not saying that there was WWII veterans, do you? There are Neo-Nazists organizations in UK or USA and their members also use salute but that doesn't mean that this countries 80 years ago was part of the Axis. In Sofia it was just a big group (crowd?) of idiots that have some problem with people with a different skin color and it's the most common gesture to show such stupid feelings.

Just now, Col_Frost said:

But that has nothing to do with it. You are not saying that there was WWII veterans, do you? There are Neo-Nazists organizations in UK or USA and their members also use salute but that doesn't mean that this countries 80 years ago was part of the Axis. In Sofia it was just a big group (crowd?) of idiots that have some problem with people with a different skin color and it's the most common gesture to show such stupid feelings.

No, that was more a joke I guess? Historical point of relevance maybe?

I know we have incels, white supremacy, general racists, quite racists, and complicit racists in the US. The difference is that in the last century we’ve tirelessly worked towards stomping that out. Obviously it hasn’t worked in some places, and the prevalence of easily available programs from the likes of Info Wars, Ben Shapiro, etc. hasn’t helped, but we’ve put in quite a bit more effort than Bulgaria I’d say. 

Przed chwilą, Olympian1010 napisał:

No, that was more a joke I guess? Historical point of relevance maybe?

I know we have incels, white supremacy, general racists, quite racists, and complicit racists in the US. The difference is that in the last century we’ve tirelessly worked towards stomping that out. Obviously it hasn’t worked in some places, and the prevalence of easily available programs from the likes of Info Wars, Ben Shapiro, etc. hasn’t helped, but we’ve put in quite a bit more effort than Bulgaria I’d say. 

I'm not accusing any country. I'm just saying that idiots are everywhere. And if bunch of a-holes are using Roman salute it's not necessarily linked with history of their country. For example I do not expect such behavior at German stadium but there are Neo-Nazist organization also in Germany. At most I can say that fans from some countries would not use this gesture because of their history (also Germany). For example twenty years ago hooligans in my own country had some big problem with foreign players (not only black ones) - for example Dino Baggio was hit by a knife thrown from stands during Champions League match (qualification round). Now things are changed (they had get use to it cause now most of the players are foreign but our league still sucks) but there are still many idiots among hooligans (probably like in every country) and despite the fact that they can jump with someting stupid once in a while I would never expect they will use Roman salute. Not now and not twenty years ago. And of course we have Neo-Nazist organizations also in Poland which I can't understand but it's a fact.

Just now, Col_Frost said:

I'm not accusing any country. I'm just saying that idiots are everywhere. And if bunch of a-holes are using Roman salute it's not necessarily linked with history of their country. For example I do not expect such behavior at German stadium but there are Neo-Nazist organization also in Germany. At most I can say that fans from some countries would not use this gesture because of their history (also Germany). For example twenty years ago hooligans in my own country had some big problem with foreign players (not only black ones) - for example Dino Baggio was hit by a knife thrown from stands during Champions League match (qualification round). Now things are changed (they had get use to it cause now most of the players are foreign but our league still sucks) but there are still many idiots among hooligans (probably like in every country) and despite the fact that they can jump with someting stupid once in a while I would never expect they will use Roman salute. Not now and not twenty years ago. And of course we have Neo-Nazist organizations also in Poland which I can't understand but it's a fact.

My biggest takeaway from that whole comment was that Poland calls it a “Roman Salute”, while the some countries use “Hitler Salute”, abs still others use “Nazi Salute”