website statistics

Men's Football UEFA European Championship 2020

Totallympics

On 07/09/2019 at 23:20, Vektor said:

After 5 matchdays (this can obv still change a lot)

Group winners: :ENG :UKR :NIR :IRL :HUN :ESP :POL :FRA :BEL :ITA 

Group runner-ups: :KOS :POR :GER :DEN :CRO :SWE :AUT :TUR :RUS :FIN 

League A play-offs

:NED vs. :ISR 

:SUI vs. :ISL 

League B play-offs

:BIH vs. :SVK 

:WAL vs. :CZE 

League C play-offs

:SCO vs. :BUL 

:NOR vs. :SRB 

League D play-offs

:GEO vs. :LUX 

:MKD vs. :BLR 

I don't see any chance for Northern Ireland to qualify (directly), it should be between Germany and the Netherlands. Many people are talking badly about german football, but the main problem is Joachim Löw. With Jürgen Klopp, Thomas Tuchel, Jupp Heynckes or Julian Nagelsmann as head coach, Germany would still be one of the main favorites at the next european championships. Germany is actually able to field a roster of 23 players only with players who will play Champions League this season, i am not sure how many other nations are able to do that?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

12 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Well, thanks. But I don´t think t was deserved tonight, I also think your problem was in the end like some issue with stamina. The Hungarians looked not running at all :mumble:

Also I don´t agree the qualification is close. at all. This group is just insane :lol:

AZE-SVK  1-5   AZE-CRO 1-1

HUN-CRO  2-1  SVK-CRO  0-4  SVK-HUN 2-0, HUN-SVK  1-2

WAL-SVK 1-0   HUN-WAL 1-0

total madness, I say you :lol:

We will be lucky if we earn more than 3 points in our next 3 matches, the 2 away matches against Croatia and Wales will be incredibly hard. Your opponent for the 2nd spot is Wales from now on, so it will be crucial for you to win SVK-WAL. 

Justo ahora, OlympicsFan dijo:

Many people are talking badly Germany is actually able to field a roster of 23 players only with players who will play Champions League this season, i am not sure how many other nations are able to do that?

Easy to answer: every european nation that has at least two teams in UCL (Germany, Italy, Spain, England, France, Belgium, Russia). Plus, Portugal, Netherlands, Brazil and Argentina (I counted 29 of my countrymen for this year's group stage).

The twitter hashtag for the :NIR v. :GER games is #NIRGER. Black Americans all feared that Trump has tweeted and misspelled a word with similar spelling :facepalm:. What a time to be alive!

Also, people have decided that it’s best if :NIG never faces :GER that hashtag would be...bad to say the least. I’ll leave you this hint NIG is the abbreviation for Niger.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 hours ago, LDOG said:

Easy to answer: every european nation that has at least two teams in UCL (Germany, Italy, Spain, England, France, Belgium, Russia). Plus, Portugal, Netherlands, Brazil and Argentina (I counted 29 of my countrymen for this year's group stage).

Technically you are right, but obviously that wasn't the point. I was talking about players who are actually good enough to play in the the national team. For Germany the best roster (in my opinion) would be one with only players who will play in the champions league this season. I am not sure this is true for any other nation. How many nations could field an entire roster of players who play in the champions league this season for teams that play in one of the top 5 leagues (France, Spain, England, Italy, Germany)?

This would immediately eliminate Russia, Belgium, Portugal and the Netherlands. For example it is rather unlikely that Spain will play a major tournament without players from FC Sevilla, Real Sociedad, Arsenal London or Milan. Also England always has at least some players from Everton, Leicester or Aston Villa. I think apart from Germany only Brazil, France and maybe Spain could field a competitive squad consisting only of players who will play in the champions league this season. If we look at overall strength of the squad then Germany is at least top 6 in the world right now (alongside France, Brazil, Spain, England and Belgium/Argentina), possibly even top 4.

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

9 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Also, people have decided that it’s best if :NIG never faces :GER that hashtag would be...bad to say the least. I’ll leave you this hint NIG is the abbreviation for Niger.

Now I'm really interested to see that happen, just to see the blindingly mad tweets of random people totally losing their shit and going absolutely mental on a hashtag that's simply made of two abbreviations put together in the exact same format as always :lol: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

13 hours ago, hckosice said:

and here we go fights and stupid nationalistic provocations problems in the stands... Unbelievable "mistake" from the Hungarian organizers to put in the same visitors sector Slovak fans and "slovaks" of Hungarian minorities around Dunajská Streda obviously supporting Hungary...so suddenly the local police had to make a corridor to divide the visitors sector in two half, on the one side SVK fans and on the other SVK citizens of Hungarian minority :facepalm:

I don´t care about the booing anthem (honnestly SVK fans did the same in the home game) and the nationalistic bullshits for things that happened some 100 years ago, but the thing I  can not still understand was how can UEFA allow such thing to happen, I mean

I never heard or saw anything like this. This was just unreal. Our fans were threatened in their own visitors sector by another citizens of Slovakia that sadly don´t feel themselves as Slovaks. This was one epic mistake from UEFA and clearly the highest moment to change that stupid rule, to put all spectators of the visitors country into the same visitors sector...

5270557_1000x.jpeg?rev=4

:lol:

F1RzVZd4QP2fAf1c9fSuvA.1280~Momentky-zo-

it looks like we are envisaging to send a official complaint to UEFA, for defamation of national emblems, derogatory screams and banners. SVK flags turned downwards and unrespectful behavior during the national anthem lol, I really don´t know what we want to achieve with that if they will really send it, just a waste of money....like we didn´t do the same last March :lol:

England - Kosovo was 5-1 at halftime, ten minutes after the break it's 5-3 :yikes: 

Time to tune in and see if this gets interesting :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!