website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Worldwide Sports Fans

Dejo

Which sport has the best fans, yes, Ice Hockey

Name me one sport where fans will applaude and chant the name of a player from your opponents team. Fans of Banská Bystrica and their standing ovation and shouting the name of Samuel Buček from Nitra after he was named the Play-offs MVP after the end of the last match of our Extraliga final yesterday

• 2 weeks later...

Why are US sports fans so insanely boring? No matter which of the US competitions I'm watching, the chants are always basically the same :lol:

Let's go Dodgers!

Let's go Celtics!

Let's go Nuggets!

Let's go Red Sox!

Let's go Rockets!

Let's go Raptors!

Let's go Penguins!

And all that in one monotonous drone of always the same. Can they not think of anything else?

And no, the incredibly cringy "I believe that we will win" doesn't count :lol:

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Why are US sports fans so insanely boring? No matter which of the US competitions I'm watching, the chants are always basically the same :lol:

Let's go Dodgers!

Let's go Celtics!

Let's go Nuggets!

Let's go Red Sox!

Let's go Rockets!

Let's go Raptors!

Let's go Penguins!

And all that in one monotonous drone of always the same. Can they not think of anything else?

Have you seen my favorite athletes section? You’ll notice none of them are American or from American professional sports. I’m against the way professional sports are run and treated in this country. That’s why you’ll notice I watch pretty much everything (because I have time to) since I don’t waste time watching Pro sports.

There are a few teams with unique character though. I recommend watching the Golden Knights preshows. I know another ice hockey always throughs a catfish on the ice, one team throws octopus as well. Some college teams have similar traditions, but all of them have much better fan bases and cheers. Here are of few of my favorite American sports cheers/fan interactions:

U of Wisconsin: Jump Around

Utah State University: Winning/Losing Team

U of Maryland: Whatever The Fuck This Is

Here’s a general overview of some other famous ones

And here’s part 2

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

21 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Let's go Dodgers!

Let's go Celtics!

Let's go Nuggets!

Let's go Red Sox!

Let's go Rockets!

Let's go Raptors!

Let's go Penguins!

My favorite chant from high school occurs in an American Football game when one of our players makes a huge tackle. We all scream “Put em’ in a coffin” and them we all play dead in the bleachers :d

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

50 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Have you seen my favorite athletes section? You’ll notice none of them are American or from American professional sports. I’m against the way professional sports are run and treated in this country. That’s why you’ll notice I watch pretty much everything (because I have time to) since I don’t waste time watching Pro sports.

Another one of those US things, calling their own things 'pro sports' and the rest apparently 'something else' :p I watch a boatload of pro sports: athletics, cycling, biathlon, alpine skiing, F1, you name it. Also, highlights of NHL, NBA and NFL (not MLB unless it's the play-offs).

Your videos remind me that it does seem to be better in college sports, or maybe in American football in general (I don't often hear that monotonous "Let's go xx!" buzzing around there). It's not much of a chant, more just an entry, but I do like the Enter Sandman one of Virginia Tech :bowdown:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 hours ago, De_Gambassi said:

Field hockey >

These guys from Almere* come across as such 100% stereotypical 'hockey people' :yikes::d (students with rich backgrounds who care more about being seen and being popular than about actually accomplishing stuff :p )

*described by everyone not living in Almere as 'the number one city in which I wouldn't even want to be when I'm dead' :p 

il y a 17 minutes, heywoodu a dit :

These guys from Almere* come across as such 100% stereotypical 'hockey people' :yikes::d (students with rich backgrounds who care more about being seen and being popular than about actually accomplishing stuff :p )

*described by everyone not living in Almere as 'the number one city in which I wouldn't even want to be when I'm dead' :p 

Wait, what, The crossed A from their flag doesn't mean they are part of a anarchist group, you mean ? I'm shocked.

What's next ? There are no such a thing as hockey holligans, perhaps ? Come on...

Just now, De_Gambassi said:

Wait, what, The crossed A from their flag doesn't mean they are part of a anarchist group, you mean ? I'm shocked.

What's next ? There are no such a thing as hockey holligans, perhaps ? Come on...

At least they support actual hockey, there's that.