website statistics

Biathlon IBU Cup 2018 - 2019

Totallympics

6 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

232,67, FUCK YEAH

Gabi is well on the 300's though...this would be really sad if it means her biathlon season is now over :cry:

Last year the SuperSprint Q (Khanty-Mansiysk) didn't give points, so that changed for this season but apparently not all teams were told..

at least Bruna is in. That´s really unfortunate for Gabi in the other hand, but maybe IBU can repechage them somehow if they ask them that they didn´t knew about the rule change ?

Just now, hckosice said:

at least Bruna is in. That´s really unfortunate for Gabi in the other hand, but maybe IBU can repechage them somehow if they ask them that they didn´t knew about the rule change ?

I hope so...I just got confirmation that they indeed did not know anything about this race being a points-race, I wonder if the Brazilian and Australian federations (they share Luca Bormolini as coach) were even told about this change. If not, this is madness.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Woah, a very good run for Rastic and Serbia :yes Chinese men's team also improving pretty quickly. Lastly, nice to see Romanov shooting clean again and beating our other two biathletes :d The only reason why Romanov is in IBU is pretty much that Banys wants to race in the junior cup :p

39 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Woah, a very good run for Rastic and Serbia :yes Chinese men's team also improving pretty quickly. Lastly, nice to see Romanov shooting clean again and beating our other two biathletes :d The only reason why Romanov is in IBU is pretty much that Banys wants to race in the junior cup :p

Rastic was great in shooting but running so-so. But after a long time Serbia has solid result at least in IBU Cup. Few seasons ago Petrovic was able to win points in World Cup. Now he's competing again. Not as successfully. 

7 minutes ago, ChandlerMne said:

Rastic was great in shooting but running so-so. But after a long time Serbia has solid result at least in IBU Cup. Few seasons ago Petrovic was able to win points in World Cup. Now he's competing again. Not as successfully. 

Well, it takes some time to get back into shooting form, especially when you weren't a very solid shot to begin with. Plus the skiing is a bit different from cc as well and we can see that with Herrmann or Aymonier when they both struggle to produce good ski speeds when they've shown they're capable of being top 5 on track and matching Makarainen.

Edited by Werloc

18 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Well, it takes some time to get back into shooting form, especially when you weren't a very solid shot to begin with. Plus the skiing is a bit different from cc as well and we can see that with Herrmann or Aymonier when they both struggle to produce good ski speeds when they've shown they're capable of being top 5 on track and matching Makarainen.

Yes,offcourse. :yes

Beside them 2,i saw some regular WC participants,Simon Fourcade was there so when those biathletes are struggling to some extent,what Rastic or Petrovic could expect. Nevertheless,i have never seen flawless shooting of Serbian biathletes. Even in that "golden era" few years ago.

19 minutes ago, ChandlerMne said:

Yes,offcourse. :yes

Beside them 2,i saw some regular WC participants,Simon Fourcade was there so when those biathletes are struggling to some extent,what Rastic or Petrovic could expect. Nevertheless,i have never seen flawless shooting of Serbian biathletes. Even in that "golden era" few years ago.

Simon Fourcade is an interesting case, but I think his problems are mainly psychological and his younger brother's legendary run might have damaged his confidence, performance and pride.

S Fourcade is doing very well this season in the IBU Cup, but the French young guys in the World Cup are doing pretty good too so it might not help him that much...I think Simon's time is over (which considering his age is nothing to be ashamed of) :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!