website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Cup 2018 - 2019

hckošice

Just now, Kirkpatrick said:

She'll be only 29 next season. I hope she doesn't have retirement in plan any time soon.

Yeah but she's gonna be a mom in 9 months.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, Kirkpatrick said:

Maybe she changes her mind and really goes to sleep tonight after all. :whistle:

I've seen first-hand how athletes can indeed fall asleep 2 minutes after dinner after a hard weekend of racing, but in this case I highly doubt it :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Great end of season for Peiffer by the way!

On the French side, well that was a disappointing last race, especially for Fillon-Maillet. I'd like to know if it was only because he was tired or if he put too much pressure on himself for the mass start globe and the podium for the general ranking. (he could have been 2nd if he had done a good race since Loginov finished only 18th)

Edit: I got my answer, he was just tired and that's understandable after the incredible season he had. I'm so happy he finished 3rd in the overall ranking, and had his first ever wins this season, let's hope he can be as good as this year next season :fingers:

Edited by Bohemia

Is it time for the new season yet?

giphy.gif

So the end of one brillinat career. 3 Olympic titles (The only and sole female biathlete to win gold medal at 3 consecutive Olympic Games) 6 Olympic Medals,  World Champion title, and some 35 World Cup Individual Podiums + 1 Mixed Relay WC podium. 3 careers Small Globes.

Thank you for everything Nastya. ! Hopefully this will not be the end of Biathlon in SVK and Paulína (and hopefully her sister Ivona very soon as well) will be able to continue reaching successes for our country

image.png

1 hour ago, Master said:

I think there are two Clear favorites for women's next season

1)Roeiseland

2)Vitozzi

I think Wierer is going to retire soon, right?

Wierer was supposed to retire after last Olympics but they convinced her to go until the 2020 WC which will be held in Anterselva. Now I wonder if they convince her to go until the next Olympics? Both Tomasz Sikora & Weronika Nowakowska said there was some extra juice in the Italian team since their coach (P.Favre) joined the French team before the season without a warning so they wanted to prove they can perform without him as well. I guess they did just that.

Edited by Monzanator

4 hours ago, Kirkpatrick said:

She'll be only 29 next season. I hope she doesn't have retirement in plan any time soon.

she always said that next year's World Champs at her hometown village (Anterselva/Antholz) would mark the end of her career...

but of course all the Italian sport officials are already working to prevent that...

I secretely hope she's gonna keep racing until Beijing 2022, so to give time to our most promising youngsters (Lardschneider, Carrara, Comola just name some of them) to develop their skills with the right timing, without having to rush them in the World Cup team before they're actually ready...