website statistics

Men's Rugby WR World Cup 2019

heywoodu

15 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

So north thinks they rule it all and south thinks only they play it right. 

Right, sure :d

And like a proper American I support the Southern teams (with the exception of Georgia and France) because fuck the British :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

11 hours ago, heywoodu said:

So north thinks they rule it all and south thinks only they play it right. 

Right, sure :d

Our friend from Argentina has a short memory. For years the other rugby countries in the south - in particular NZ - could hardly be bothered to play the Pumas let alone let them play in the Rugby Championship. It was the European countries who actually gave them much more support in terms of reciprocal tours to keep the sport alive and growing in Argentina. He also decries wealthy European clubs but it was their money that allowed Argentina's best players to become professionals in the modern era and undoubtedly improve their fitness and skill standards. Once the Argentinian rugby authorities dropped their ban on players based in Europe we saw a rise in the level of the Pumas' performances in test rugby. 

11 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

And like a proper American I support the Southern teams (with the exception of Georgia and France) because fuck the British :p

I understand the feeling. I always support the US's opponents in any sporting contest. Like Donald Trump your knowledge of other countries is impressive. I had no idea France and Georgia were in the "south".

Just now, Nickyc707 said:

I understand the feeling. I always support the US's opponents in any sporting contest. Like Donald Trump your knowledge of other countries is impressive. I had no idea France and Georgia were in the "south".

I do think (and hope) you're reading it wrong and you should read it as "I support the southern teams, plus Georgia and France as northern exceptions who I support as well."

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Í'm just hoping Wales wins and it's pretty simple: South Africa already were world champions, Wales never reached the final, I'd find it awesome to see a new team in the final.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

49 minutes ago, Nickyc707 said:

Hence the “with the exception :evil:”. I just like France, and I think it’s cool that Georgia has a semi-decent team. I actually generally cheer for the British, but in commonwealth sports I cheer for other nations. Also, compare me to Donald Trump again, and I’ll show you a Brexit :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

48 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Í'm just hoping Wales wins and it's pretty simple: South Africa already were world champions, Wales never reached the final, I'd find it awesome to see a new team in the final.

Even if that team is just West England, Wrong Ireland, or the sheep shaggers that aren’t from New Zealand :p

And we're underway, let's go Wales :cheer: 

2 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Hence the “with the exception :evil:”. I just like France, and I think it’s cool that Georgia has a semi-decent team. I actually generally cheer for the British, but in commonwealth sports I cheer for other nations. Also, compare me to Donald Trump again, and I’ll show you a Brexit :p

My apologies I misunderstood your meaning. I thought you meant that France and Georgia were southern nations whom you could not support. My reply was driven by the unpleasant and offensive tone of your own hence my reference to Trump.

3 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Wales have won the last four meetings between the two sides so I think you can be reasonably optimistic.