website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Food & Drinks Thread

Quasit

25 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Stoopel and Poffer are actually the names of @heywoodu‘s parents :p

Not really, but my mom has a colleague who's husband is called 'Stoffer' so that kind of fits :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

28 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

Well there's a stand in my city that sells "stoopel and poffer" and according to their site, the owners are Dutch.

Never in my life have I heard of 'stoopel' and googling reveals it's not really anything but a family name :p 

'Poffer' isn't really used as a word, 'poffertjes' is (to make it 'little', not sure how you do that in Spanish but for example I know in Portuguese one would turn poffer into something like pofferzinho so I hope you get what I mean :p ). Poffertjes are sort of like little pancakes (like, bite-size, but a bit 'fatter' than a pancake) and are pretty good :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

Never in my life have I heard of 'stoopel' and googling reveals it's not really anything but a family name :p 

'Poffer' isn't really used as a word, 'poffertjes' is (to make it 'little', not sure how you do that in Spanish but for example I know in Portuguese one would turn poffer into something like pofferzinho so I hope you get what I mean :p ). Poffertjes are sort of like little pancakes (like, bite-size, but a bit 'fatter' than a pancake) and are pretty good :d 

I thought that was the name of what they sold... yes, they are very good.

Just now, mrv86 said:

I thought that was the name of what they sold... yes, they are very good.

No chance instead of stoopel it says 'stroopwafels'? :p 

Just now, heywoodu said:

No chance instead of stoopel it says 'stroopwafels'? :p 

The one good Dutch food that exists.

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

4 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

The one good Dutch food that exists.

You obviously don't know the heavenly hagelslag.

Just now, phelps said:

@heywoodu

the main dish of my dinner about a hour ago...:yikes::lol:

image.png

it was delicious...

you don't really know what you lose by not appreciating those ingredients...:p

Looks a lot like my dinners :d. We love Italian and Mediterranean food in my house.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

+1 for pasta

The olives though, yuck. Garbage.

Just now, heywoodu said:

+1 for pasta

The olives though, yuck. Garbage.

there were peppers, too...

it was a sausage with small tomatoes ("Pachino" type), yellow peppers and "Taggiasca" olives...

the only difference with that photo, it's the type of pasta (it's called "Cavatappi" -literally, "Corkscrew"- but unfortunately I couldn't find a photo of that type of pasta...it's not that widely popular like others, even if you can find it in all Italian supermarkets)...