website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Food & Drinks Thread

Quasit

2 hours ago, AlFHg said:

Easter is coming, do you eat something in particular? Here in Italy, or better here in Naples, we mostly eat this, among other things:

PI_Tortano-napoletano.jpg

not even to be mentioned...Colomba all the way...

image.png

that's for what concerns the "dessert" category, of course...

other foods...no, I've never followed any particular tradition (except maybe that I always try to avoid meat on Easter Friday)...

2 hours ago, AlFHg said:

I suppose adding lemon to the water can be an easier solution

Maybe, but apparently it really smells a lot so it will require porbably a couple more of lemons :d

2 hours ago, AlFHg said:

Easter is coming, do you eat something in particular? Here in Italy, or better here in Naples, we mostly eat this, among other things

Nothing special in terms of food. basically the Sunday morning the whole family sit around the table to break the fast (Especially Friday is the major fast) with a real feast including million different kinds of Ham, saussages (yes we have countless amount of saussages species) + eggs, traditional home made cheese made of eggs and mainly sweet betroot + spicy horseradish :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub: + every family bakes million of diferent sweeties and cakes, especially to be served alongside with unstoppable amount of alcohol for the "visitors" of the Easter Monday morning :d

https://www.welcometobratislava.eu/traditional-easter-in-slovakia/

3ff2a64fd14a6a6d971315fb7b8085ec_XL.jpg

wqhcWk6wBBJ_s1600x1600.jpg

I made my own Thai-style green curry soup today, based on green curry paste.

I added lots of things I like, like onions, garlic, spinach, coconut milk, cashew nuts, coriander and ... English sausages. I love experimenting with different cuisines and ingredients. :d 

Served in a bowl with vermicelli (glass noodles).

Spoiler

ws9pfq.jpg

Edited by Quasit

Stopped watching sports, there are better things in life.

44 minutes ago, Quasit said:

I made my own Thai-style green curry soup today, based on green curry paste.

I added lots of things I like, like onions, garlic, spinach, coconut milk, cashew nuts, coriander and ... sausages. I love experimenting with different cuisines and ingredients. :d 

Served in a bowl with vermicelli (glass noodles).

Reveal hidden contents

not exactly my kind of cuisine, but it looks interesting...

and I like a lot the attitude to try and experiment, personal interpretation of the general principles of a certain cuisine is one of the main characteristics of a good chef...;)

only pastry is a "perfect science", anything else in the kitchen is only about finding the right balance between ingredients and taste...

however, today is Ester Friday, so here in Italy the tradition is about not eating meat nor anything related to it...

so, my lunch was about fresh tuna and a good mixed salad (with many types of vegetables like "travisana" -red leaves salad- fennel, carrots, celery, spring onions, yellow and red pepper, tomato), followed by some fruit (apple) and a slice of "Colomba" (classic Easter sweet for us in Northern Italy...see the picture in my previous post in this thread)...

Cibo1.png

my dinner, instead, was only about a dish of pasta (with the most classic tomato sauce), some dried fruit (nuts, almonds and things like that) and some chocolate pudding...

Cibo2.png

Cibo3.png

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not so good in pastry, so usually I avoid it, but sometimes I try to do some dishes :p

This is a typical dish of the Amalfitanian Cost and we call it Delizia al Limone (in English something like lemon delicious, I'm not sure). It's a small cake of sponge cake (with the add of rum after the cooking) filled with a lemon cream :)

IMG_20190430_123358_116.jpg

3 hours ago, Gianlu33 said:

I'm not so good in pastry, so usually I avoid it, but sometimes I try to do some dishes :p

This is a typical dish of the Amalfitanian Cost and we call it Delizia al Limone (in English something like lemon delicious, I'm not sure). It's a small cake of sponge cake (with the add of rum after the cooking) filled with a lemon cream :)

+1 for rum cakes :cheer: