website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Food & Drinks Thread

Quasit

50 minutes ago, phelps said:

even worse than true Japanese Wasabi?

p.s. however, any sort of horseradish-related sausage is nothing compared to the hottest chili peppers in the world...as a big chili pepper fan, I tried to keep a plant of Trinidad Moruga Scorpion on my balcony...using that, it's a really mystic experience...:yikes: :rofl: :lol:

it looks so innocent...

220px-Trinidad_Moruga_Scorpion.jpg

but if you eat it...it's the Devil inside you...:yikes:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinidad_Moruga_scorpion

I do not eat spicy foods so often. Sometimes, but not often,  But however for Easter, we get used that all hams, sausages and other kilograms of different meals to eat with spicy horseradish and sweet beetroot. But I've never had so extremely spicy horseradish that this one my grandmother sent this year. :lol:

It looks interesting,:d  but yeah, no, thanks ! I don't have any special suicidal tendencies :lol:

8 hours ago, hckosice said:

I just found the original English name of it. Chrain is that white thing, the red thing is the sweet beetroot, people often mix them but we eat them separatly

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrain

oh, I know that...

in Italian, it's "Cren"...

good feeling, but still...I like a lot more chili pepper, better if it's fresh, which gives it also a very nice smell other its usual spicy taste...

• 5 months later...

I ate a passion fruit for the first time today. It was surprisingly good. That smell though :wub:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

3 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I ate a passion fruit for the first time today. It was surprisingly good. That smell though :wub:

not a big fan of passion fruit (I like the smell, but its taste doesn't impress me much)...

my favourite exotic fruit (from Italian perspective, of course) is mango...followed by pineapple, papaya and of course bananas (but I'm not sure we can even call them "exotic" nowadays...I mean, you can find them everywhere and all year long, which makes them basically just an ordinary fruit like all those regularly grown in Italy, like apples or peaches or grapes and so on)...

• 9 months later...

Some dishes I made recently...

Spoiler

Yellow lentil dal :IND 

Dal

Pão de queijo :BRA 

Pao

Ful medames :EGY:PLE 

I did not have fava beans and substituted them with white beans.

Ful

Insalata di riso & pomodori arrosto :ITA 

Insalata-Riso

If you have some ideas, I'm always open. As long as it's not too complex. :d 

Stopped watching sports, there are better things in life.

• 3 weeks later...
On 14/09/2020 at 16:04, phelps said:

not a big fan of passion fruit (I like the smell, but its taste doesn't impress me much)...

my favourite exotic fruit (from Italian perspective, of course) is mango...followed by pineapple, papaya and of course bananas (but I'm not sure we can even call them "exotic" nowadays...I mean, you can find them everywhere and all year long, which makes them basically just an ordinary fruit like all those regularly grown in Italy, like apples or peaches or grapes and so on)...

That's like 3 of the most common fruits here and I eat one of them basically everyday + passion fruit juice :p

(papaya it's also very common but I just don't like it that much)

6 hours ago, vinipereira said:

That's like 3 of the most common fruits here and I eat one of them basically everyday + passion fruit juice :p

(papaya it's also very common but I just don't like it that much)

Now I really am curious which is the one you eat basically every day :d 

If it's pineapple I'm jealous, even though pineapple is just as common here (in supermarkets of course) :p 

When thinking about Brazilian fruits and such, my mouth starts watering when thinking about açerola juice :wub: (be it entirely Brazilian or not, I know I've only tried it there so for me it counts)

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

I'm jealous you guys eat so many fruits. I avoid so many of them because of texture and aftertaste unless I make a smoothie out of it or something. :d 

Stopped watching sports, there are better things in life.