website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Food & Drinks Thread

Quasit

IMG_6244.jpgIMG_1759.jpg

Some days ago I could not sleep, so I woke up in the night and start baking these :) It is called "Danubio", literally Danube, as the mitteleuropean river. Essentially it is a set of small pieces of dough filled and baked together, so they can bump up and merge. It can be both sweet or salty, depending on the fill. The first photo, with my foot saying hello, is sweet and it is filled with custard and sour cherries (both homemade), the other is salty, with ham and cheese.

Just now, AlFHg said:

IMG_6244.jpgIMG_1759.jpg

Some days ago I could not sleep, so I woke up in the night and start baking these :) It is called "Danubio", literally Danube, as the mitteleuropean river. Essentially it is a set of small pieces of dough filled and baked together, so they can bump up and merge. It can be both sweet or salty, depending on the fill. The first photo, with my foot saying hello, is sweet and it is filled with custard and sour cherries (both homemade), the other is salty, with ham and cheese.

love the sweet one...

I'd love also the salty one, if only there was no cheese (I hate it, any type and in any form...and I don't eat anything that has even the smallest amount of cheese in/on it, with a couple of notable exceptions...ravioli/tortellini -but only those filled mainly with meat or ham, no way I can eat those with cheese and vegetables like ricotta & spinaci or so- and Tiramisu)...

6 minutes ago, phelps said:

(I hate it, any type and in any form...and I don't eat anything that has even the smallest amount of cheese in/on it, with a couple of notable exceptions...ravioli/tortellini -but only those filled mainly with meat or ham, no way I can eat those with cheese and vegetables like ricotta & spinaci or so- and Tiramisu)...

This should result in an immediate ban from the forum :p

I love cheese. I put it on everything. I’ll try different types for different dishes. I’m big into salty, savory dishes; so cheese, olives, grains, and salt are main stays in my diet.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

This should result in an immediate ban from the forum :p

I love cheese. I put it on everything. I’ll try different types for different dishes. I’m big into salty, savory dishes; so cheese, olives, grains, and salt are main stays in my diet.

I'm also into salty things, but not cheese...definitely...

I know I'm part of a small minority of people in the world, but I can't do anything about it (it's a psychological problem...I used to eat cheese until I was 6 years young...then one day I got so badly sick after I eat some cheese and from that day I haven't been capable of eating it anymore...and when someone takes a piece of the most smelly kinds of cheese, I can't even sit at that table)...:dunno:

Just now, phelps said:

I know I'm part of a small minority of people in the world, but I can't do anything about it (it's a psychological problem...I used to eat cheese until I was 6 years young...then one day I got so badly sick after I eat some cheese and from that day I haven't been capable of eating it anymore...and when someone takes a piece of the most smelly kinds of cheese, I can't even sit at that table)...:dunno:

I completely understand. My sister doesn’t eat cheese because it grosses her out too. 

In fact your explanation for why you don’t eat cheese matches my explanation for I don’t eat bananas (almost point for point actually).

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

And people look at me weird when I don't eat Satan's Vomit Balls A.K.A. olives.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

8 hours ago, heywoodu said:

And people look at me weird when I don't eat Satan's Vomit Balls A.K.A. olives.

You sir banned from the topic :redcard:. I eat olives on the daily. One of my favorite things to snack on is a green olive with a little of tomato and some basil stuffed inside.

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

You sir banned from the topic :redcard:. I eat olives on the daily. One of my favorite things to snack on is a green olive with a little of tomato and some basil stuffed inside.

I just vomited in my mouth.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Still tasted better than olives by the way.