website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Food & Drinks Thread

Quasit

3 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Well I bet I could find some great Danish food in Solvang...and that’s in California. (It’s definitely the most underrated town too, that place is magical). Well also have some fantastic Greek, Indian, Chinese, Thai, Salvadoran, Mexican, and Persian food where it live. (And of course Italian, but that’s everywhere in the US)

Do you know if they serve æbleskiver and medister together in Solvang around Christmas? If they do, it's like pissing on every Dane and take a dump on us.. :redcard::stop::spank:

Just now, wumo26 said:

Do you know if they serve æbleskiver and medister together in Solvang around Christmas? If they do, it's like pissing on every Dane and take a dump on us.. :redcard::stop::spank:

I’ve only been in the summer because that’s the best time to go. You can camp on the beach and then drive 15 miles inland to Solvang. The weather there sucks during the winter, so it wouldn’t be my first choice to spend my time there. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/08/2019 at 20:30, bestmen said:

i don't know how you do that in your countries but this is how they cut the pizza here

This seems pretty standard :p We have one of those things at home (probably a bit less sharp by now) which is simply called a pizza cutter (at least so it is in Dutch).

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, bestmen said:

how is your traditional bread , the home made ????????

Normal bread here, Dark or white  :d around +/- 0.70 EUR a piece (500g) and +/- 1.50 EUR a 800g and more

Spoiler

ShotType1_540x540.jpg

12313.jpg?itok=aFxyidpV

chlieb_s_pivom-1-of-1-3-1024x681.jpg

But in fact instead of the normal bread Peoples were and are used to consume more "Rohlík" or "Rožok" sort of traditional central european pastry, popular and eaten in our regions, If I´m not wrong it´s called Kifli in Hungarian. Basically the most used food, we eat it with everything. https://prague.tv/en/s72/c209/n3731-How-do-you-eat-your-rohlik

image.png

IMG-20150903-121721_article-detail.jpg

Spoiler

158953_1200x800.jpg?rev=1

here in Italy basically every place has its own traditional bread...some places, even more than one type...

and especially in the big cities we can also easily find all kinds of ethnic shops, with all of their traditional products, bread included...

personally, together with some typical Italian types, I love what we (in Northern Italy, I mean) usually call (improperly, as I guess in Egypt there are many different types of bread as in most Countries) the "Egyptian bread"...