website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Food & Drinks Thread

Quasit

Just now, heywoodu said:

There's only two vegetables you eat for dinner? I think we can safely ban you from the thread.

I will devour olives, corn, peppers, and tomatoes any day. I eat a lot of potatoes too, but they’re not really a vegetable I guess. I will tolerate carrots, but I don’t eat them all the time like the other 4.

We have a garden with 10 tomato plants, 1 butternut squash plant, and 1 zucchini plant. Another part of the backyard has peppers and strawberries.  

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

I will devour olives, corn, peppers, and tomatoes any day. I eat a lot of potatoes too, but they’re not really a vegetable I guess. I will tolerate carrots, but I don’t eat them all the time like the other 4.

We have a garden with 10 tomato plants, 1 butternut squash plant, and 1 zucchini plant. Another part of the backyard has peppers and strawberries.  

If you count tomatoes as vegetables, potatoes definitely are too. Nothing wrong with tomatoes by the way, same with carrots. Or better: I like raw carrots, not a fan of cooked ones.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

My friend went to the Netherlands a few years ago and they found a Mexican restaurant, and so knew they had to try it.

The Dutch put fucking peas and watercress in their burritos @mrv86.

Peas in a burrito :yikes: Unless it was a "picadillo" burrito, then it could be acceptable.

But watercress... that's messing with Mexican cuisine.

Just now, mrv86 said:

Peas in a burrito :yikes: Unless it was a "picadillo" burrito, then it could be acceptable.

But watercress... that's messing with Mexican cuisine.

They said it was the worst burrito they ever had. 

The only reason they tried it is because they try to find Mexican food wherever they go. Germany wasn’t much better apparently :d.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

The only reason they tried it is because they try to find Mexican food wherever they go. Germany wasn’t much better apparently :d.

To be fair, don't expect much if you're gonna try and find food from country X all over the world. As if a Dutch restaurant (lol) in any random country would serve things Dutch people actually eat on a general basis.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

When I visited Prague 10 years ago I found a "Czech-Mex" restaurant, but I didn't dare trying that.

Just now, heywoodu said:

To be fair, don't expect much if you're gonna try and find food from country X all over the world. As if a Dutch restaurant (lol) in any random country would serve things Dutch people actually eat on a general basis.

Well there's a stand in my city that sells "stoopel and poffer" and according to their site, the owners are Dutch.

Just now, heywoodu said:

Well I bet I could find some great Danish food in Solvang...and that’s in California. (It’s definitely the most underrated town too, that place is magical). Well also have some fantastic Greek, Indian, Chinese, Thai, Salvadoran, Mexican, and Persian food where it live. (And of course Italian, but that’s everywhere in the US)

Just now, mrv86 said:

Well there's a stand in my city that sells "stoopel and poffer" and according to their site, the owners are Dutch.

Stoopel and Poffer are actually the names of @heywoodu‘s parents :p

Edited by Olympian1010

Well I bet I could find some great Danish food in Solvang...and that’s in California. (It’s definitely the most underrated town too, that place is magical). Well also have some fantastic Greek, Indian, Chinese, Thai, Salvadoran, Mexican, and Persian food where it live. (And of course Italian, but that’s everywhere in the US)

I love Solvang, it is one of my most favorite places in (Southern) California.