website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Food & Drinks Thread

Quasit

Just now, dcro said:

How can you confuse olives and peppers? :facepalm:

They can both have that weird greenish colour.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, hckosice said:

never heard of pepper ?

I have. I haven't heard of yellow pepper being green though, here yellow pepper is generally yellow, green pepper is usually green and red pepper is most often red.

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

I have. I haven't heard of yellow pepper being green though, here yellow pepper is generally yellow, green pepper is usually green and red pepper is most often red.

yellow pepper is still greenish when it's not completely matured...

to cook certain dishes it's preferable to completely matured golden yellow ones...

Just now, heywoodu said:

and orange pepper is most often orange

papriky-.jpg

Just now, hckosice said:

and orange pepper is most often orange

papriky-.jpg

Yeah, although here usually green, yellow and red are laying around in the supermarket waiting for poor souls to buy them :p 

Just now, phelps said:

yellow pepper is still greenish when it's not completely matured...

to cook certain dishes it's preferable to completely matured golden yellow ones...

To cook any dish it's preferably to take your pepper and dump it in the trash.

Just now, heywoodu said:

Yeah, although here usually green, yellow and red are laying around in the supermarket waiting for poor souls to buy them :p 

do you know "plnená paprika" one of the most traditional Slovak dishes borrowed from Hungarian cuisine ? http://www.cookingwithfriends.events/stuffed-paprika/

Just now, hckosice said:

do you know "plnená paprika" one of the most traditional Slovak dishes borrowed from Hungarian cuisine ? http://www.cookingwithfriends.events/stuffed-paprika/

I'm gonna say no thanks :p