website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Food & Drinks Thread

Quasit

2 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

You can have pastel anywhere in the state of São Paulo (I believe anywhere in Brazil, to be honest). There's also an option with veggies, and another option filled with heart of palm, so there are even more ways to make your belly bigger. :lol:

In all honesty, if you like Japanese food, Liberdade is the one place to go. But maybe I'm pushing it too hard because I'm a Japanophile myself. I've taken 2 years and a half of Japanese lessons, so it's nice to go to the restaurants there and reply in Japanese when they greet me (much to their surprise, as I'm basically a black latino man).

Here if you say hi in Japanese or Chinese in a Japanese or Chinese restaurant they're just like "huh? Dude stop" :p 

I think I had pastel too in Brazil (Brasilia), but again that's too long ago to be sure of which kind exactly.

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 2 weeks later...

Tried out some Japanese stuff for the very first time. Here we have onigiri (rice balls) in non-traditional shape with gomashio seasoning (sea salt, roasted black pepper) and tuna mayonnaise filling.

2hguzhv.jpg

Also, I tried making okonomiyaki (Japanese pancake) which can literally speaking be done in any way you like. I added leftover cabbage, spring onion, egg and ham. Also some fish sauce to taste and bacon mayonnaise on top.

15i3iao.jpg

I'm very satisfied with my results. :d

2jfynu9.jpg

Stopped watching sports, there are better things in life.

• 2 weeks later...

I’m curious to see the responses on here to this:

make it weird please, I don’t want to know about your bland ass food.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

We don't have that weird stuff actually. I mean eating herring (raw) is sort of Dutch, but it's just a fish...

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Here in Denmark we don't have many weird dishes or food. Traditional Danish food is pretty bland. 

I watched a food program about Danish regional dishes. I saw this dish, which I found sort of weird. It's cod heads and balls of barley porridge. The balls are put inside the mouth of the cod heads, and then you eat the balls. Appetizing. 

Billedresultat for Torskehoveder med kroppinger

We also have sylte (A kind of tarrine). Sylte was originally made from a head of a pig, but is now commonly made from the forequarters or shanks of pork or veal.

Billedresultat for sylte

Edited by wumo26

10 minutes ago, wumo26 said:

I watched a food program about Danish regional dishes. I saw this dish, which I found sort of weird. It's cod heads and balls of barley porridge. The balls are put inside the mouth of the cod heads, and then you eat the balls. Appetizing. 

Spoiler

11 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

The only ones I can think about are frog legs and snails (I have never tried any one of them, and I'd like it to stay that way)