website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Food & Drinks Thread

Quasit

3 hours ago, wumo26 said:

All these Italian dishes makes me really hungry.:p I will probably have Fusilli al pesto rosso with some vegetables on the side later. 

I ended up with pasta and pesto as well, though I went with alla Genovese (with some chicken and a bit of vegetables) :p

31 minuti fa, Sindo ha scritto:

Maybe it's the "pesto alla siciliana"..Never heard of it and never tasted it though (and honestly all the souces in glass bottles are pretty horrible here :lol:)

I'm almost sure that it isn't the pesto alla siciliana becouse i don't see the ricotta.... It seems more a sort of pesto of tomato and nothing more :p

I never thought the word "pesto" would be mentioned so many times on a sports forum. :lol: (Before today, "pesto" hadn't been mentioned on the forum. Now it has been 12 times :p.)

Edit: Well 13 after this post. 

Edited by wumo26

17 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

I'm almost sure that it isn't the pesto alla siciliana becouse i don't see the ricotta.... It seems more a sort of pesto of tomato and nothing more :p

Don't be so sure when they write "italian cheeses" they do not include ricotta :lol:

2 ore fa, Quasit ha scritto:

So  in a nutshell, this is not really Italian, though it says "prodotto in Italia"?

image.png.c0e632bdac45112685dedf344f801a8c.png

Bertolli is a relatively famous Italian brand, although it was recently (2014 maybe) bought by a Japanese corporation. If it is written made in Italy, almost surely it is. If it something that is typical of Italy, maybe it is but I'm not aware of. Most probably, it can be something sold as pesto as it is a kind of brand already fidelised :)

PS: sometimes, someone adds tomato sauce to pesto: as far as I know, it is made in a pizzeria franchising quite famous in Italy. Maybe this is just pesto to which sauce was added :D

Edited by AlFHg

20 minuti fa, AlFHg ha scritto:

Bertolli is a relatively famous Italian brand, although it was recently (2014 maybe) bought by a Japanese corporation. If it is written made in Italy, almost surely it is. If it something that is typical of Italy, maybe it is but I'm not aware of. Most probably, it can be something sold as pesto as it is a kind of brand already fidelised :)

PS: sometimes, someone adds tomato sauce to pesto: as far as I know, it is made in a pizzeria franchising quite famous in Italy. Maybe this is just pesto to which sauce was added :D

naaa...

this is the kind of "pesto" @wumo26 was referring to:

https://ricette.giallozafferano.it/Pesto-di-pomodori-secchi.html

meanwhile this is the typical kind of "pesto" you're mentioning (with tomato sauce added to the classic basil leaves):

https://ricette.giallozafferano.it/Pesto-alla-trapanese.html

2 ore fa, Sindo ha scritto:

Maybe it's the "pesto alla siciliana"..Never heard of it and never tasted it though (and honestly all the souces in glass bottles are pretty horrible here :lol:)

1 ora fa, Gianlu33 ha scritto:

as I wrote before, that was not the "pesto alla Siciliana", which is this one:

https://ricette.giallozafferano.it/Pesto-alla-siciliana.html