website statistics

Men's Curling WCF European Championship 2018

Totallympics

13 minutes ago, Col_Frost said:

I don't know exact number but there are at least 15 clubs, all in big cities. Maybe there are some more but if so it's not a much larger number. 

I wouldn't call Warszowice/Pawłowice a big city, at least not in comparision with some non-curling big cities like Wrocław, Bydgoszcz or Szczecin.

The clubs number is a discussive one, as the Polish Curling Association members are also those clubs which support the current board but they don't do anything connected to curling (the scandal is a rule of the Association that says that its member can be a club which has plans to have a curling section, not necesarilly does already have). It leads to a situation where the curling association members are basketball clubs or a sport suit shop.

The alternative to the Polish Curling Association, the Polish Curling Club's Federation, which is not an official federation and is not a member of WCF, but has its support (for example WCF lead the mediation process between these two organizations) has 14 members three of which I don't see in the competition. There is also a club which is not interested in the alternative as it is the club of the board members. And a new club of deaf-mutes, the club in Gdańsk - so I think the 14 active truly curling clubs is the correct number.

About the number of curlers - I think it's something between 600-1000 - now we have a curling hall in Łódź which organizes the tournament for people just starting so the number would be closer to 1000 and will be surely growing (my club in Poznań has reactivated this year and we also try to find a new curlers as far as our facilities make it possible).

52 minuty temu, Vojthas napisał:

I wouldn't call Warszowice/Pawłowice a big city, at least not in comparision with some non-curling big cities like Wrocław, Bydgoszcz or Szczecin.

You're right. I wrote my answer in a hurry and forgot about KS Warszowice.

Matchday :cheer: 

Which always makes me think about a Dutch newspaper comic from years ago about a guy named Bert that is often brought up on Dutch comment boards whenever there's curling :p

Spoiler

CjnP8X5VAAAqmgA.jpg

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 ora fa, heywoodu ha scritto:

Matchday :cheer: 

Which always makes me think about a Dutch newspaper comic from years ago about a guy named Bert that is often brought up on Dutch comment boards whenever there's curling :p

Mostra contenuto

CjnP8X5VAAAqmgA.jpg

however, right now in the men's competition it's 10-5 for Italy over the Netherlands after 8 ends...:p