website statistics

Wrestling UWW Under 23 World Championships 2018

bestmen

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

:yikes: 

what's surprising about this ? Salkazanov only narrowly lost to Jakobishvili (eventual bronze medalist and 2017 World Champion) in World Seniors few days ago. he was top favorite for the gold here.

but first day of freestyle was disastrous again for the Iranian team. no surprise at all, this is a very bad team. but Morteza Ghiasi almost beat the Olympic silver medalist here (yes no kidding, Japan sent Rei Higuchi Olympic medalist to the Worlds U23 !!) he was leading 4-2. only 20 seconds left and you can guess the rest of the story :d  Ghiasi was the only wrestler who did "good" today. the other 4 were shameful. I didn't even know two of them !

no finalist in Worlds seniors and still no finalist here, after 15 weights of Greco and Freestyle :wall: but I think we have better chances tomorrow with Ghasempour. Sadeghi, Shahbazi and even Taheri. they are all experienced in senior level.

The biggest surprise of today came from a Chinese wrestler at 57 ! Zou ! he beat Russia and Cuba (5th place in Worlds Seniors) but he lost to Japan in semifinal in a match he should won. he was dominating and leading the match but made a mistake in his own attack in last 30 seconds. I'm sure China never had such a good freestyle wrestler. he was clearly the best wrestler in this weight today.

1 hour ago, MHSN said:

what's surprising about this ? Salkazanov only narrowly lost to Jakobishvili (eventual bronze medalist and 2017 World Champion) in World Seniors few days ago. he was top favorite for the gold here.

Not specifically surprising, I just like seeing Slovakia in the final for my dude @hckosice :d

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

9 hours ago, MHSN said:

Do you know when this match is exactly scheduled ? wouldn´t want to miss it. Thanks :)

I´m Just searching for his games, found the 1st round match (will search the next ones later) and it was really quick between 2:07 and 2:17 :yikes:

1 ora fa, hckosice ha scritto:

Do you know when this match is exactly scheduled ? wouldn´t miss it. Thanks :)

I´m Just searching for his games, found the 1st round match (will search the next ones later) and it was really quick between 2:07 and 2:17 :yikes:

the finals' session is scheduled to start @ 5 p.m. CET (6 p.m. local time)...

70kg class should be the 3rd to be contested, but I'd keep an eye on the whole session, because they could even change the order of the weight classes at the last minute...

by the way, on the official site you can find the link to all of the bouts you want to watch...;)

https://unitedworldwrestling.org/event/senior-u23-world-championships-0?tab=results&weight-category=52539bc1-e5b0-11e8-af5f-080027548b1b

3 minutes ago, phelps said:

the finals' session is scheduled to start @ 5 p.m. CET (6 p.m. local time)...

70kg class should be the 3rd to be contested, but I'd keep an eye on the whole session, because they could even change the order of the weight classes at the last minute...

by the way, on the official site you can find the link to all of the bouts you want to watch...;)

https://unitedworldwrestling.org/event/senior-u23-world-championships-0?tab=results&weight-category=52539bc1-e5b0-11e8-af5f-080027548b1b

Awesome. Thank you very much ! That´s what I call a fully helpful and friendly Website ! :hyper: Hello FIS :thumbdown:

Ok. Just watched his remaining bouts and the thing that just shocked me is the coaches were screaming instructions at him and comunicated with him only in Slovak language :yikes:  I don´t know anything about this guy, but if he speak Slovak that would mean he´s been living here for some time

yay. we have a finalist after million years :wall: well that was impossible for Ghasempour to not make it to the final which such easy draw. but other 4 all will wrestle for the bronze !

but watching these matches was like a torture for me, :( I wouldn't care much about the Worlds U23 in normal situations but losing continuously like this is unbelievable . yeah our wrestlers were crap mostly yesterday but today all 5 of them could easily go to the final and I mean it. they all lost to weaker wrestlers. and instead Russia brought 5 wrestlers to the final. not because they had the better wrestlers today. just because they had better strategy. better coaching.

Sadeghi whom I hate his style, wasted 5 minutes to attack only in last seconds and at the end the American wrestler won it without a single attack which is amazing ! Sadeghi wasted his challenge opportunity in a stupid way and when he had a 4pts takedown late in the match he had no chance to challenge it.

Zangeneh had a dream draw, he was all over the Romanian wrestler (who eventually made it to the final) leading the match and dominating it. made a super dumb mistake and got pinned. as easy as that.

Shahbazi ! the idiot, first he made the Russian wrestler Sadulaev by letting him score 7 quick pts but then he found out Sotiev is nothing special. made a come back took the lead 8-7. gave up a stupid TD 8-9 again scored a takedown 10-9 but guess what. in dying seconds he let Sotiev grabing his leg and they both went out of the mat with 1 second to go. and while all 3 refs didn't give a point to Russia. a challenge from Russia changed it to 10-10 , win for Russia !

Taheri, again he was all over the Russian fat guy, but decided to sit on a narrow 2-1 lead. the Russian wrestler was dead tired and did nothing for the entire 2nd period but as I knew he saved himself for one last attack in last 10 seconds and Taheri collapsed easily. another match we lost to Russia in last 2 seconds !

how the hell our wrestlers can't just defend in last 10 seconds ?! we lost something like 10 matches like this in Worlds Seniors and this tournament. when they are up only with 1 or 2pts lead in last 20-30 seconds I know something bad is going to happen.

Edited by MHSN