website statistics

Wrestling UWW Under 23 World Championships 2018

bestmen

37 minutes ago, Daşlı Oğul said:

does it say when its going to be held? because on photo it says 28-30 november, however google translate says december 7

hm if you mean about competition that we discuss in this thread than 12-18 November

(i don't know if we understood, i don't talk about link in persian which you posted here)

6 часов назад, DaniSRB сказал:

hm if you mean about competition that we discuss in this thread than 12-18 November

(i don't know if we understood, i don't talk about link in persian which you posted here)

No, I mean link in Persian. Does it say when, what style and what age group competition it will be?

27 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

Gold for Egypt :clap: Greaat job Kisho , 5th place in junior WCH and he's U23 world champion now 

Congrats :thumbup: unfortunately my internet connection isn't working well tonight and i missed everything right after the first bronze medal match , just saw the result but I saw him yesterday and he was indeed impressive. quite an improvement even though the level of World Juniors isn't necessarily lower than this.

even though the level here is higher than my expectations. we had 2017 World Senior Champion winning the gold for Japan at 60kg. Pataridze. Tsurtsumia, Cataraga they are all experienced senior wrestlers.

21 hours ago, Daşlı Oğul said:

does it say when its going to be held? because on photo it says 28-30 november, however google translate says december 7

everything you can see on the poster in English is correct, not google translate. that just can't translate Persian calendar which is entirely different.

Edited by MHSN

17 minutes ago, MHSN said:

Congrats :thumbup: unfortunately my internet connection isn't working well tonight and i missed everything right after the first bronze medal match , just saw the result but I saw him yesterday and he was indeed impressive. quite an improvement even though the level of World Juniors isn't necessarily lower than this.

even though the level here is higher than my expectations. we had 2017 World Senior Champion winning the gold for Japan at 60kg. Pataridze. Tsurtsumia, Cataraga they are all experienced senior wrestlers.

thanks and Congrats for the bronze medal u just won over us :d 2 bronzes we lost with a tie :( yes the level of wrestling here was quite really good , but it's still different from Senior level OFC , btw u can follow all action on Olympic channel , u don't have internet connection problems , me and all my egyptian friends also suffered from the same problem , which i think is intentional to make u watch through Olympic channel 

1 minute ago, thepharoah said:

thanks and Congrats for the bronze medal u just won over us :d 2 bronzes we lost with a tie :( yes the level of wrestling here was quite really good , but it's still different from Senior level OFC , btw u can follow all action on Olympic channel , u don't have internet connection problems , me and all my egyptian friends also suffered from the same problem , which i think is intentional to make u watch through Olympic channel 

the main website which hosts UWW live stream events doesn't work in Iran. I have to go through changing my IP etc and sometimes (like tonight) it just kills the whole speed and makes it super super slow. :mumble:

oh thanks I could watch the 2nd period. but the whole team was disaster here. one bronze more or less doesn't change that. but at least our coach (whom I like a lot personally) was very happy at the end. so I'm happy for him at least :d but the whole point of this competition is to produce good wrestlers for the senior team and unfortunately I can't see that potential in any of our wrestlers here. but all of 3 bronze medalists were very happy  at the end. because "apparently" per new rules winning a medal at any color in a Worlds U23 will make them exempt from the military service :d that's quite a motive

1 minute ago, MHSN said:

the main website which hosts UWW live stream events doesn't work in Iran. I have to go through changing my IP etc and sometimes (like tonight) it just kills the whole speed and makes it super super slow. :mumble:

oh thanks I could watch the 2nd period. but the whole team was disaster here. one bronze more or less doesn't change that. but at least our coach (whom I like a lot personally) was very happy at the end. so I'm happy for him at least :d but the whole point of this competition is to produce good wrestlers for the senior team and unfortunately I can't see that potential in any of our wrestlers here. but all of 3 bronze medalists were very happy  at the end. because "apparently" per new rules winning a medal at any color in a Worlds U23 will make them exempt from the military service :d that's quite a motive

Great motive , here nothing can exempt u from military service , even if u win ballon d'or or Wimbledon :d and the strangest thing is that those sportsmen join the sports branches on the military , so they don't actually matter in military service 

2 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

Great motive , here nothing can exempt u from military service , even if u win ballon d'or or Wimbledon :d and the strangest thing is that those sportsmen join the sports branches on the military , so they don't actually matter in military service 

that's the same in Iran. but only if that sport exists in military. wrestling doesn't. for example in Football/Volleyball/Basketball there are military related clubs in the league. but even in that case, they still have to train 2 months in "real military" before that.

so Mohamed Salah has to go to military ? :d in Iran until a week ago it was Olympic medalists (any color). Gold and Silver medalists in World Championship and Asian Games (not the Asian Championships) gold medalists but they just changed it few days ago. and now all medalists from those 3 competitions are exempt and I just heard they added Worlds U23 into that list. (not 100% sure though but it seems so)

and thanks for letting me know about the Olympic channel. it works perfectly and easily. much easier than UWW live stream. I didn't know Olympic channel is interested in Worlds U23 :d at least I can see the last 3 matches without freezing.