website statistics

Wrestling UWW Under 23 World Championships 2018

bestmen

ok this is official. we suck big time in wrestling right now . specially in Greco. not a single finalist ! we will have 4 (maybe plus 2 more) wrestling for bronze but who cares. they were just terrible. all of them.

always the same style. most of them losing the same way. they usually wait for "caution" to score on par-terre but cautions usually don't go in favor of Iran. I can't remember if I saw a single big throw from the Iranians in standing position. looks like they never even train such things :wall: I know this is not probably the best possible U23 team and they formed this time a bit late and since the federation president resigned they didn't even know if they are going to participate or not. but still it doesn't justify losing so many matches by superiority. most of them to weaker wrestlers. 

we had a great U20 team. maybe they should send the same team here. (I know Kavianinejad and Mirzazadeh were in the list but got replaced last minute because of the injury)

and the freestyle team won't be any better.

23 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

yes , the host must win something :thumbup: 

well yeah. this is wrestling after all.  that was disgusting because they refused the Romanian challenge in first place but apparently "somebody" told them to change it. and it took so many minutes . and I'm sure Romanian coaches would never even challenge that if they weren't the host. that match reminded me of 2014 Asian Games in Incheon. where Korean coaches were told to challenge everything because somebody in challenge panel would make sure they get the points.

that Romanian guy was good when he was in top in Par-terre, that was the plan for him today. he won the rest of his matches the same way. even though I can say even his throws are controversial. he usally took it BELOW the waist which is illegal in Greco-Roman but well host nation should have a finalist ...

7 minutes ago, MHSN said:

well yeah. this is wrestling after all.  that was disgusting because they refused the Romanian challenge in first place but apparently "somebody" told them to change it. and it took so many minutes . and I'm sure Romanian coaches would never even challenge that if they weren't the host. that match reminded me of 2014 Asian Games in Incheon. where Korean coaches were told to challenge everything because somebody in challenge panel would make sure they get the points.

that Romanian guy was good when he was in top in Par-terre, that was the plan for him today. he won the rest of his matches the same way. even though I can say even his throws are controversial. he usally took it BELOW the waist which is illegal in Greco-Roman but well host nation should have a finalist ...

i'm really sad , but Ahmed could end it all by fall if he could hold him for more few seconds after he threw him and got 4 points , hopefully he can end up with a bronze and btw this happens in all fighting sports not only wrestling :(

Today's Medallists

-55kg
Gold: :GEO Nugzari Tsurtsumia
Silver: :RUS Vitalii Kabaloev
Bronze:  :KAZ Amangali Bekbolatov & :KGZ Balbai Dordokov

-63kg
Gold: :JPN Katsuaki Endo
Silver: :MDA Alexandru Biciu
Bronze: :UKR Oleksandr Hrushyn & :ROU Mihai Radu Mihut

-77kg
Gold: :MDA Daniel Cataraga
Silver: :DEN Rajbek Bisultanov
Bronze: :RUS Ismail Saidkhasanov & :TUR Fatih Cengiz

-87kg
Gold: :UKR Semen Novikov
Silver: :CUB Daniel Hechevarria
Bronze: :AZE Islam Abbasov & :BLR Anton Kurs

-130kg
Gold: :GEO Zviadi Pataridze
Silver: :TUR Osman Yildirim
Bronze: :IRI Aliakbar Yousofi & :EGY Abdellatif Mohamed Ahmed Mohamed

Men's Greco-Roman wrestling tomorrow's Gold Medal matches:

-60kg

:JPN Kenichiro Fumita vs :AZE Murad Mammadov

already qualified to the Bronze Medal matches #1 & #2 (semifinals' losers): :IRI Mehdi Mohsen & :TUR Kerem Kemal

-67kg

:EGY Mohamed Ibrahim Elsayed vs :AZE Karim Jafarov

already qualified to the Bronze Medal matches #1 & #2 (semifinals' losers): :RUS Alen Mirzoian & :HUN Otto Losonczi

-72kg

:TUR Cengiz Arslan vs :GEO Ramaz Zoidze

already qualified to the Bronze Medal matches #1 & #2 (semifinals' losers): :UKR Artur Politaiev & :KAZ Kaharman Kissymetovz

-82kg

:GEO Gela Bolkvadze vs :ROU Nicu Samuel Ojog

already qualified to the Bronze Medal matches #1 & #2 (semifinals' losers): :EGY Ahmed Hassan Ahmed & :JPN Takahiro Tsuruda

-97kg

:HUN Zsolt Toeroek vs :RUS Aleksandr Golovin

already qualified to the Bronze Medal matches #1 & #2 (semifinals' losers): :GEO Giorgi Melia & :IRI Alì Akbar Heidari

Edited by phelps