website statistics

Women's Boxing AIBA World Championships 2018

bestmen

2 ore fa, heywoodu ha scritto:

Wow, I had never heard of Jemyma Betrian before these WCH, but she is going well..she utterly destroyed the South Korean world junior champion just now :yikes: 

she's a (former) Muay Thai star (35 wins, 3 losses -among those, her last fight in this discipline- and 1 draw...most of her wins by KO)...

now she's trying with boxing because she wants an Olympic medal (but I fear she's done this move a bit late :whistle:)...

by the way, after destroying the youth world champion (so, basically a baby girl, who couldn't manage Betrian's strenght and power, rather than her boxing skills), in the next round she's going to fight against the reigning senior world champion, :ITA Alessia Mesiano, who earlier today won a very difficult match against probably her toughest rival in this half of the draw sheet, :IRL Michaela Walsh...

we'll see in the next couple of days if Betrian is for real also in this sport...

Edited by phelps

:BUL Stanimira Petrova accused judges of corruption after losing her preliminary 57 kilograms featherweight bout to home favourite :IND Sonia. 

Petrova’s coach Petar Yosifov Lesov,has had his credentials revoked after he threw a bottle into the ring in protest against the decision.

Has anyone seen the match? 

It wouldn't be the first time in AIBA's history that judges have voted a bit suspiciously. 

Edited by wumo26

well, I just watched this bout...

and even if Petrova was clearly the best boxer of the 2, I wouldn't say it's such a scandal of a verdict...

in round #1, they both did absolutely nothing...and Sonia was the one who got closer to land at least 1 or 2 jabs...so, I'd give this round to her, too...

in round #2, it was only Petrova...she took control of the center of the ring and of the pace...and she landed a pair of good hits, too...I refuse to believe that a single judge gave this round to the Indian girl...

in the last round, to me Sonia didn't do anything good enough to earn the call, despite Petrova not being aggressive enough, too...but no way a fair judgment could go in her direction...

however, Petrova was indeed too arrogant and "lazy"...I didn't like her attitude at all and I understand all those who might favor the Indian girl in a tight call because of that...but still, to me this is another wrong and unfair result, after all...

p.s. how biased are those commentators? I understand the colour commentator being part in the cause, but the play-by-play...he's definitely not and Indian voice, but still he's saying a lot of bullsh*t and all of them always in the same direction...:facepalm::wall:

On 19/11/2018 at 10:48, wumo26 said:

:BUL Stanimira Petrova accused judges of corruption after losing her preliminary 57 kilograms featherweight bout to home favourite :IND Sonia. 

Petrova’s coach Petar Yosifov Lesov,has had his credentials revoked after he threw a bottle into the ring in protest against the decision.

Has anyone seen the match? 

It wouldn't be the first time in AIBA's history that judges have voted a bit suspiciously. 

I mean it’s just one scandal after another for the AIBA. Boxing needs to leave the Olympic program and take a good look at itself.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

On 19/11/2018 at 16:35, phelps said:

she's a (former) Muay Thai star (35 wins, 3 losses -among those, her last fight in this discipline- and 1 draw...most of her wins by KO)...

now she's trying with boxing because she wants an Olympic medal (but I fear she's done this move a bit late :whistle:)...

by the way, after destroying the youth world champion (so, basically a baby girl, who couldn't manage Betrian's strenght and power, rather than her boxing skills), in the next round she's going to fight against the reigning senior world champion, :ITA Alessia Mesiano, who earlier today won a very difficult match against probably her toughest rival in this half of the draw sheet, :IRL Michaela Walsh...

we'll see in the next couple of days if Betrian is for real also in this sport...

Who is this Mesiano? :evil: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!