website statistics

Karate WKF World Championships 2018

phelps

2 minutes ago, phelps said:

and Simone Marino (ITA) is through to the round of 16 after beating MNE and INA...now he's going to face ISR to make the pool semifinal...

and that's where I hugely support Italy :d not that I don't support Italian athletes when they are NOT against Iran, but this time I have more reasons :p

I know the Israeli guy and our fat boy Ganjzadeh are still far away from each other in the bracket but still.

10 minuti fa, MHSN ha scritto:

and that's where I hugely support Italy :d not that I don't support Italian athletes when they are NOT against Iran, but this time I have more reasons :p

I know the Israeli guy and our fat boy Ganjzadeh are still far away from each other in the bracket but still.

you can stop worrying...Marino won with a comfortable 2-0 against the Israeli guy...now he's waiting the winner of Pshenitsyn (RUS) vs Nishevci (KOS) / Daikhi (ALG)...and the Kosovian is leading 4-3 with only a few seconds left...

and Nishevci won...

so, another guy with strong reputation like the Algerian has gone...pool 3 is a question between ITA and the winner of RUS vs KOS (and I didn't really expect Marino to go this far...even if I must admit he's got the easiest draw among all the Italians)...

in pool 4 Yamanoglu (TUR) is now waiting for Ganjzadeh or Brian Irr (USA...wow! a USA vs Iran match is awaiting us also in karate, after all the battles we saw at the Wrestling Worlds)...

hace 44 minutos, phelps said:

but expected (see my preview)...:pope:

p.s. Dominican Rep. = Maria Dimitrova...not exactly your typical Spanish speaking Caribbean Contry name...:whistle:

Bulgarian, but lives in dominicana since age 6 according to wiki.

what a scare for Ganjzadeh (IRI) against Irr (USA)...he was 4-2 down with only 28 seconds to go...then he finally found an ippon that turned things around and he also added a final yuko to close the bout...

in the meantime, local hero Babacar Seck Sakho is the first pool winner and therefore he's through to the semifinals...