website statistics

Karate WKF World Championships 2018

phelps

11 ore fa, Nate River ha scritto:

Spain doesn’t recognize Puerto Rico as a country either and they have no problems letting them compete under their own flag.

Puerto Rico is in the same situation as Hong Kong and co...there are no political controversies around them, it's just a different status recognized by political and sports authorities...

Kosovo is a totally different question (and I wouldn't compare that even to the most recent attempt of the Catalan people to part ways from the rest of Spain, since Kosovo is just part of the ancient Serbian territory -it goes back to Alexander the Great Macedonian Empire and then to the Roman Empire, with the Turkish domination of that being only a 500-year long but marginal part of the story- stripped from the Serbian State thanks to a war that only the USA and Germany wanted, despite having the "umbrella" of those bunch of *** of the UN)...

Edited by phelps

2 minutes ago, phelps said:

Antunovic just broke Florentin's nose here...I hope she doesn't get a DQ...

I don't know the exact rule here but maybe she deserved a DQ, she was lucky they just gave her a Hansoku Chui, you are not supposed to break someone's nose in this sport !! :d

btw thanks a lot for the link

8 minuti fa, MHSN ha scritto:

I don't know the exact rule here but maybe she deserved a DQ, she was lucky they just gave her a Hansoku Chui, you are not supposed to break someone's nose in this sport !! :d

btw thanks a lot for the link

the Italian commentators (who are Chiara Soldi and I think Davide Benetello, both former Karate players -I'm sure you know Benetello, as he won a lot of global medals in the past) said that there were 3 options: if Florentin wasn't able to continue, option one was the DSQ for the Swedish girl for the excessive use of strenght, but they could also DSQ the French girl because she could have been considered guilty of not protecting herself well enough and thus leading the opponent to hit her hard...

the 3rd option, that was the one they eventually adopted was to let the bout continue giving the Swedish girl just a "normal" warning for not controlling her hit well enough (option available only if Florentin was able to continue, which was the case)...

p.s. my new keyboard sucks! :facepalm:

Edited by phelps