Jump to content

Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account


Sign in to follow this  
phelps

Karate WKF World Championships 2018

Recommended Posts

when you face Japan in Kata that's automatically a loss :d but I think Sadeghi will be back in repechage. where she has to beat France to face Italy for bronze. medal is unlikely but I hope she at least makes it to the medal round.

 

PS: people consider Synchro swimming as the most predictable event at the Olympics, what about Kata ? we already know Kiyuna and Shimizu will win the gold in Tokyo.  not just because they are from Japan  . also because they will have the host factor there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wow! Grace Lau Mo Sheung of Hong Kong won pool 2 by sweeping (5-0) the Egyptian Sayed in the final...

not the biggest surprise in the world, but still...I didn't expect that...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MHSN said:

when you face Japan in Kata that's automatically a loss :d but I think Sadeghi will be back in repechage. where she has to beat France to face Italy for bronze. medal is unlikely but I hope she at least makes it to the medal round.

 

PS: people consider Synchro swimming as the most predictable event at the Olympics, what about Kata ? we already know Kiyuna and Shimizu will win the gold in Tokyo.  not just because they are from Japan  . also because they will have the host factor there.

I consider certain track cycling events much more predictable :p 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minuto fa, MHSN ha scritto:

when you face Japan in Kata that's automatically a loss :d but I think Sadeghi will be back in repechage. where she has to beat France to face Italy for bronze. medal is unlikely but I hope she at least makes it to the medal round.

 

PS: people consider Synchro swimming as the most predictable event at the Olympics, what about Kata ? we already know Kiyuna and Shimizu will win the gold in Tokyo.  not just because they are from Japan  . also because they will have the host factor there.

 

I agree...Kata is very predictable (with very few exceptions, mostly among the girls, who aren't always so reliable despite the established values)...

p.s. and it's also soooo boring (even more than Artistic Swimming)...:facepalm::sleep:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minuto fa, heywoodu ha scritto:

I consider certain track cycling events much more predictable :p 

 

naaaa...if we talk of Tokyo 2020 Kata events we can say that it's gonna be Japan's double Gold and Spain's double Silver, unless an epic earthquake (metaphorical one, of course..better say that when speaking of JPN :rofl::facepalm:) happens...

I don't think there are many events with this high degree of predictability...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm surprised to this day nobody does detailed pages with brackets for each category on Wikipedia. In fact, the year's edition doesn't even have its own site yet. :d

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, phelps said:

 

naaaa...if we talk of Tokyo 2020 Kata events we can say that it's gonna be Japan's double Gold and Spain's double Silver, unless an epic earthquake (metaphorical one, of course..better say that when speaking of JPN :rofl::facepalm:) happens...

I don't think there are many events with this high degree of predictability...

Yeah and British teams are gonna dominate the team pursuit on the track once they get their main equipment again as always, anything else would be an insane surprise, equal to Russia not winning in the rhytmic gymnastics :p 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Quasit said:

I'm surprised to this day nobody does detailed pages with brackets for each category on Wikipedia. In fact, the year's edition doesn't even have its own site yet. :d

Yep, it's a shame. Wikipedia brackets = best brackets

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another 3-2 defeat in Kata :cry: both of them should be in medal round with one more judge in favor of them.

 

I hope for better luck in Kumite. :pope:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today's action so far...

 

Men's Individual Kata

Gold Medal Match: :ESP Damian Hugo Quintero Capdevila vs :JPN Ryo Kiyuna 

Bronze Medal Match #1: :VEN Antonio Diaz vs :TUR Alì Sofuoglu

Bronze Medal Match #2: :GER Ilja Smorguner vs :ITA Mattia Busato

 

Women's Individual Kata

Gold Medal Match: :ESP Sandra Sanchez Jaime vs :JPN Kiyou Shimizu

Bronze Medal Match #1: :HKG Grace Lau Mo Sheung vs :DOM Maria Dimitrova

Bronze Medal Match #2: :ITA Viviana Bottaro vs :FRA Alexandra Feracci

Edited by phelps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dominican Republic, Venezuela and Hong Kong, cool :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

meanwhile in the men's Kumite the first big upsets are coming...the replacement from Turkey Alparslan Yamanoglu threw the Japanese Hideyoshi Kagawa out in rd of 32! :yikes:

Edited by phelps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×