website statistics

Karate WKF World Championships 2018

phelps

Askari is in the semifinal after beating Japan.by Hantei  :) which guarantees a medal round match for him. I hope he can go further but he was lucky in the first round. being down 1-0 against a guy from Sweden with only 3 seconds left but scored ippon and won it 3-1.

Rozita Alipour is also still alive after 3 wins, but the Asian Games champion Chinese girl (who beat Alipour in the final) is in her pool so I don't have high hope for her.

it looks that today we're going better than yesterday...and finally some Kumite medals (or at least some chances for those) would eventually come...:d

Busà is always our superstar (he won his 1st world title in 2006 and still managed to make the final 12 years after, with many other medals -in total, 2 gold, 2 silver and 1 bronze at the world champs and 3-2-5 at the Europeans...counting only the individual stuff- in between these 2, of course), but if the live blog is not wrong -anything else has stopped working here...but I think it's more about my internet broadband connection that's not performing as it's supposed to do- also Laura Pasqua has surprisingly won her pool and has reached the semifinals...

Derafshipour had couple wins on Hantei but he ran out of luck in semifinal against France. :( he will fight for bronze. so far 4 out of 4 made it to the medal round in men's kumite, 2 for gold ,2 for bronze. the last one is the defending World Champion Amir Mehdizadeh.

but the female team is really bad here. 3 out of 4 lost in the first round ! only Alipour could go to the QF where she lost to China and since China made it to the final she will be alive in repechage. still not a great chance for her.

Edited by MHSN