:AUT AUT,  0 / 0 / 1
:BUL BUL,  0 / 0 / 1
:CHI CHI,  0 / 0 / 1
:TPE TPE,  0 / 0 / 1
:HKG HKG,  0 / 0 / 1
:KAZ KAZ,  0 / 0 / 1
:SVK SVK,  0 / 0 / 1
:SWE SWE,  0 / 0 / 1

and if we look at the Olympic classes only, we have :ESP ESP, :JPN JPN (Kata), :SRB SRB and :IRI IRI (Kumite Middleweights) winning the "perfect" categories, meanwhile :ITA ITA / :FRA FRA and :JPN JPN / :POL POL (Kumite Lightweights) + :CRO CRO / :GER GER and :AZE AZE / :GRE GRE (Kumite Heavyweights) shared the "composite classes"...

Edited by phelps

That was quite a comeback :clap: Abazari and Askari lost their matches, Poursheib and Khodabakhshi made it 2-2 and it all came to the last match of Ganjzadeh. poor guy has to go home with a ruined face :d the Turkish guy threw everything without any kind of control to his face. that was surprising they didn't disqualify him after that illegal punch which made Ganjzadeh bleed again.

also a very surprising bronze medal in team Kata ! I never trust the "results" in Kata, I don't know if they were really better than Turkey or it was just a random decision from the refs.

Iran finished 3-0-3 last time in Austria which was supposed to be impossible to repeat but they almost got the same result here (1 more medal but 1 less gold) and since Karate made it to the Olympics this was supposed to be tougher than the previous edition.

I can't complain , great result. they won 3 medals (3 different colors) in Olympic events. this will be great if they can repeat that in Tokyo but first they have to qualify !! which I believe will be harder than winning the medal !

Too bad Italy beat Senegal but still an awesome number of nations with a medal :d

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!