website statistics

Karate WKF World Championships 2018

phelps

Mehdizadeh out vs Morocco :cry: and I don't think that guy can go all the way to the final . this is most probably the end for Mehdizadeh. he gave up 5pts in last 20-30 seconds to lose it 9-4. maybe it's time to find a replacement for him. this is the only weight we don't have much depth in it.

6 minutes ago, phelps said:

yeah, they did nothing for the whole match...but I don't like Saymatov's style at all, so I always pick his opponent in cases like this...

about the rules...I don't really  know how they got worse in these years instead of improving...I don't think 3 mins of regulation + 1 of OT could compromise the fughters' health...they can surely have (both, men and women) this kind of bouts...

and another thing. why the hell they have to start and finish one weight before moving to another one ?! sometimes they force athletes to fight with less than 5 minutes rest because of this  they easily can finish the 1st round in all weights, then move to 2nd round for all weights , the same as other fighting sports.

About rest between matches our player Giana Farouk played 4 consecutive matches in -61 kg without even a minute of rest while other players in the same pool had about 15 minutes or sinething of rest , because our experts in WKF intervere 2 categories in the same time , so the higher part of the pool finish their matches then another matches in other category and then the lower part 

Edited by thepharoah

54 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

no Egyptian in the individual finals for the 1st time since 2004 , bravo our federation :yes

Russia was not great and now is doing good, Egypt was great and now is doing not so well....I see effects of karate being Olympic :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

10 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Russia was not great and now is doing good, Egypt was great and now is doing not so well....I see effects of karate being Olympic :p 

Maybe , but i think our federation who took a holiday whole last year is responsible for these results , in 2 years things can't change much like this , same players are participating , LIKE WE DON'T HAVE A VERY BIG BASE of players in this sport , many things this federation has done badly for the sport ps. i fear that officiating change and serve certain countries as long as the sport become olympic 

so at the end of the day , only 3 of 6 Iranians made it to the final round. total of 5 . 2 for the gold. 3 for bronze. if all of them win their finals (which is almost impossible) this will equal our results in 2016 !!! (I mean for individual events, we also had a gold medal in team kumite) which is good because we know since Karate made it to the Olympics the level is much higher this time.

out of the women's team only one of them made it to the bronze medal match, surprisingly that was Sara Bahmanyar ! :yikes: I didn't even know her until an hour ago when I googled a bit about her :d she lost to the Turkish world champion in last 10 seconds so it seems she has a realistic chance for medal against Russia.

here is the summary of the finals for the Iranians

Gold medal matches

Men's 75kg: Bahman Askari vs :ITA Luigi Busa

Men's +84kg: Sajjad Ganjzadeh vs :GER Jonathan Horne

Bronze medal matches

Women's 50kg: Sara Bahmanyar vs :RUS Tatiana Rybalchenko

Men's 67kg: Hamoun Derafshipour vs :ESP Raul Cuerva

Men's 84kg: Zabihollah Poursheib vs :KAZ Daniyar Yuldashev

3 ore fa, thepharoah ha scritto:

why there's no video challenge during qualifications like taekwondo , what's the use of such a thing in only a match in the finals , anyway the whole officiating process needs to change i don't trust these officials 

actually there is video review...

you don't see the video crew at the judges table because now they are in a separate room (upstairs, in one of the big suites of the Madrid Arena), where they can watch all the videos on multiple synchronized giant screens and let the ref know what's their decision via radio communication...