website statistics

Karate WKF World Championships 2018

phelps

53 minuti fa, MHSN ha scritto:

is that possible to switch Tatami ? my first time with Karate TV :wacko: and I can't see much

we had someone in Kata in QF (even though he had a good draw) and he lost only 3-2 to Smorguner :( we never had a chance for medal in Kata, but losing 3-2 means he had a chance to be in semifinal.

no, I fear it's not like in Judo or Wrestling or Fencing...:(:facepalm:

it's the first time they show the preliminaries and I think we have to be satisfied with this poor service (it's not even in HD, just a miserable 540p)...:wall:

let's hope in the next future they can take those other sports as an example and improve their service...:fingers:

by the way, here are my 2 cents over the remaining Kumite classes (I'm not gonna write anything on the team events, which do not have the same appeal to me and are not so important as the individual ones in Olympic perspective)...

Women's Kumite, -50kg
pool 1...Bettina Plank (AUT) is the clear favourite, Nurana Aliyeva (AZE) the main contender...some surprising results might come from East Asian Countries (INA and THA in particular)...
pool 2...Japan (Miho Miyahara) vs Croatia (Jelena Pehar) first and, above all, Germany (Shara Hubrich) then are the key matches in this pool...the US girl Shannon Nishi is also a possible outsider...
pool 3...Radwa Sayed (EGY) is the top seeded woman in the pool, chances also for Gema Morales Ozuna (ESP) and Alexandra Pop (ROU), who are scheduled to face each other in the 1st round of the competition...
pool 4...Serap Ozcelik Arapoglu (TUR) is the pre-competition favourite in this class, but she has to face the multiple (and defending) world champion Alexandra Recchia (FRA) even before making the pool final...it won't be easy for her...China and Iran are also in this pool and could be dangerous, too...
my pick for the Gold Medal match: Miyahara vs Ozcelik Arapoglu

Women's Kumite, -55kg
pool 1...here we quite some talent...Wen Tzu-Yun (TPE) is the seeded woman, but there are a lot of really dangerous players, like Zakharova (KAZ), Bitsch (GER), Fernandez Osorio (ESP), Lirisman (EST) and maybe also Chalaki (IRI, but it's a recognition to the Iranian school, since I've never seen this girl fighting before today)...
pool 2...Alesandra Hasani (CRO) vs Valeria Kumizaki (BRA)...I don't see anybody else coming off this pool, with the Brazilian as the favourite to reach the tournament semifinals...
pool 3...also in this pool I think it's gonna be a 2-way duel between Sara Yamada (JPN) and Salni Jefry Krishnan Syakilla (MAS), with maybe a slim chance for Carla Burkitt (ENG) if she's gonna have the day of her life...
pool 4...this one is quite a mess...Anzhelika Terliuga (UKR) and Sara Cardin (ITA) are the logical takes, but Yassmin Attia (EGY, who has to go against Cardin already in rd #1...and that's a pity) and Tuba Yakan (TUR) may have something to say...and frankly it wouldn't be a huge surprise if one of those 2 (or even both) takes the scalp of the said favorites from ITA and UKR...
my pick for the Gold Medal match: Wen Tzu-Yun vs Terliuga

Women's Kumite, -61kg
pool 1...shame on the WKF! here we have the anticipated final already taking place in the pool final (on paper, of course): Alexandra Grande (PER) is the woman in the best shape in these last months, meanwhile Yin Xiaoyan (CHN) has to be considered the best and most complete fighter in this class (always on paper, remember)...no place for others, here...
pool 2...Alisa Buchinger (AUT) could be the winner here, but she has a very strong field of opponents to face since the early rounds, as Moriguchi (JPN) and Junaa (CAN) are also in the same part of the draw as the Austrian...Bettina Alstadsaether could be named as the main outsider in the bottom part of the draw in this pool...
pool 3...the top 3 girls in this pool should be Ana Lenard (CRO), Anita Serogina (UKR) and Merve Coban (TUR), with the last one possibly as the slight favourite...so, unlucky draw for the Slovak Veronika Semanikova (and one of the few hopes of a good result in fighting sports for our friend @hckosice -it should go better with Tatarova in the +68kg, but she also has a very, very tough draw, as posted yesterday)...
pool 4...Gwendoline Philippe (FRA) vs Giana Lofty (EGY) in rd #1 is an absolute shocker..and the winner of this one still has to face Jovana Prekovic (SRB) to win this pool...no chance for any other, I fear...
my pick for the Gold Medal match: winner of Grande vs Yin to face winner of Philippe vs Lofty (too close to call)...but since it's just a game without anything to lose, let's say Yin vs Lofty

Men's Kumite, -60kg
pool 1...I think Douglas Brose (BRA) would eventually come up as the pool winner, but the Asian Games champion Arrosyiid (INA), the Japanese Naoto Sago (never seen him before, tbh) and the Latvian Kalvis Kalnins (former European Champion and reigning European Bronze Medallist) are definitely not to be underestimated...
pool 2...very open pool with no big names..."anything can happen" here is not a sentes for the circumstances...if I have to pick a couple of names, i'd take Darkhan Assadilov (KAZ) and Johan Lopes (FRA), but I sevretely hope in a Saudi exploit by Emad Al Malki...
pool 3...this one is not going to be easy...just another really balanced draw, but this time with a couple more well known fighters, like Evgeny Plakhutin (RUS), Sadriddin Saymatov (UZB), Firdovsi Farzaliyev (AZE) and, above all, Angelo Crescenzo (ITA), reigning European Silver medallist...I hope our man can do it, but I think for him is going to be really difficult facing especially Saymatov, who already beat him more than once...
pool 4...Dominik Imrich (SVK) has a real chance to make the pool final in the top half of the draw in this pool (for the joy of our mate @hckosice :lol:), but then he will find his route closed by people like Emil Pavlov (MKD, reigning European Champion) or, above all, the dynamic duo Eray Samdan (TUR) and Amir Mehdizadeh (IRI), who unfortunately will have to face each other in rd #3 (which in this class is rd of 32, tbn)...
my pick for the Gold Medal match: Douglas Brose vs Saymatov (that's an unconventional one, I must admit)

Men's Kumite, -67kg
pool 1...this one would eventually end up in an Asian clash, I guess...Hiroto Shinoara (JPN) will have to get the best of many athletes coming from the Gulf States, the Kazakh guy (who's not the same one who competed in the Asian Games) and also a couple of Europeans that can't be forgotten, like Joksic (SRB) and Pokorny (AUT)...
pool 2...a pure mess...Vinicius Figueira (BRA), Luca Maresca (ITA), Yves Martial Tadissi (HUN), Abdel Rahamn Al-Masatfa (JOR) and Ikboljon Uzakov (UZB) all in the same pool...basically, all the medallists of the last K1PL stages are here...we can easily call it a lottery (where all the named guys have the capability of coming up as the pool -and not only the pool- winner)...
pool 3...the exact opposite of the previous pool...here the only big name is Steven Dacosta (FRA)...Mario Hodzic (MNE) and Ayoub Zakaria (MAR) are just average outsiders...
pool 4...Burak Uygur (TUR) and Jordan Thomas (ENG) are the top 2 names here, but the jokes of the draw have put them one against the other already in the round of 64...however the Turkish guy is the clear favorite...another guy who could raise for the occasion is Hamood Deraf (IRI), evn if also in this case it's more because of the Iranian reputation (never seen this guy before, as it often happens with Countries that do not take part in most of the K1PL stages throughout the season)...
my pick for the Gold Medal match: Shinoara (but I really hope Maresca can bring some magic to our team this time) vs Uygur

Men's Kumite, -75kg
pool 1...Ken Nishimura (JPN) vs Bahman Asgari (IRI)...no way it could go down to anybody else...
pool 2...Thomas Scott (USA) should easily win this pool...Hsu Wei-Chun (TPE) and Raef Al-Turkistani (KSA) are just outsiders...
pool 3...Dastonbek Otbolaev (UZB) vs Mamduh Abdelaziz (EGY) is the duel to watch for in the top part of the draw of this pool, meanwhile the bottom half has Logan Dacosta (FRA) as the main contender of the great Luigi Busà (ITA), who's still the tournament favourite after literally destroying all of his opponents in the recent K1PL final stage in Tokyo...
pool 4...quite a crowded pool...Erman Eltemur (TUR), Stanislav Horuna (UKR) and Noah Bitsch (GER) are the top names in the top half, meanwhile in the bottom part of the draw in this pool the man to beat his the living legend of Karate himself, Rafael Aghayev (AZE)...
my pick for the Gold Medal match: Scott vs Busà / Aghayev (this one is really too close to call..and I'm sure it would eventually go down to some controversial calls by the judges, as it always happens when those legendary 2 guys meet)...

Edited by phelps

first results...

Men's Individual Kata

Gold Medal Match: :ESP Damian Hugo Quintero Capdevila vs :JPN Ryo Kiyuna 

Bronze Medal Match #1: :VEN Antonio Diaz vs :TUR Alì Sofuoglu

Bronze Medal Match #2: :GER Ilja Smorguner vs :ITA Mattia Busato

Edited by phelps

14 minutes ago, phelps said:

no, I fear it's not like in Judo or Wrestling or Fencing...:(:facepalm:

it's the first time they show the preliminaries and I think we have to be satisfied with this poor service (it's not even in HD, just a miserable 540p)...:wall:

let's hope in the next future they can take those other sports as an example and improve their service...:fingers:

well. one camera, with no view on the scoreboard. no TV graphics. I think it's fair to say this is almost nothing.

btw I just hope they don't take wrestling as an example :d but IJF is just perfect in this case.

first surprise of the day, Dilara Eltemur (TUR) has been beaten by Nguyen Thi Phuong (VIE) in the women's kata (and the Vietnamese girl now has to face Sarah Sayed of Egypt in the next round...it doesn't look good for the Turkish girl now)...

No results yet on that Sportdata site? 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Adesso, MHSN ha scritto:

well. one camera, with no view on the scoreboard. no TV graphics. I think it's fair to say this is almost nothing.

btw I just hope they don't take wrestling as an example :d but IJF is just perfect in this case.

yeah, I agree...IJF and FIE (when they are on YT) have definitely the best services...

I must admit that I'm really disappointed with this KW TV offer...I expected a lot more than this "nothing"...:facepalm:

1 minute ago, MHSN said:

this is working well. only Kata competition started so far

Yes, but I also see no results of kata there yet :p When I click on 'Results' it just shows an empty page

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!