website statistics

Weightlifting IWF World Championships 2018

bestmen

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Improvement in the 3rd attempt. Well, improvement as in he didn't nearly kill himself. You're right, a coach should have told him to just let this be..

yeah I'm glad nothing bad happened. but this guy was too fast, can't remember anybody as fast as him. he is World Junior Champion ,so I guess we will hear more about him in future. he just has to not kill himself.

and btw his record in 2018 World Junior champs was 122kg ! that would give him the gold medal in snatch :yikes:

According to someone who I think is knowledgeable on the matter (on Reddit), the Turkmen woman actually did have 104kg on the bar when 104kg was announced, but there was a problem with the lifting order.

It definitely wasn't mis-loaded. When they showed the replay, I checked they had the small blues on.

My best guess is they put in a change to 105 just as she was called and there was confusion about who should be taking the 104, resulting in her lifting out of order.

I need to watch it back to see exactly what happened in terms of announcements and graphics as she went out.

On the face of it, it seems harsh that she is not credited with a lift she made.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

so the only possible World Record for tonight is CJ. with only 120kg in snatch, he needs more than miracle to break the total WR and I don't think he is capable of that tonight. I hope at least he breaks that one WR. I was expecting more . only 1 out of 6 possible WR for the first day :(

and if Om moves up to 61kg for the Olympics as he will  for sure. I think these World Standards will remain for a long long time.

7 minuten geleden, MHSN zei:

so the only possible World Record for tonight is CJ. with only 120kg in snatch, he needs more than miracle to break the total WR and I don't think he is capable of that tonight. I hope at least he breaks that one WR. I was expecting more . only 1 out of 6 possible WR for the first day :(

and if Om moves up to 61kg for the Olympics as he will  for sure. I think these World Standards will remain for a long long time.

To be fair, only 1 out of 6 possible WR's today means IWF at least did quite a good job in setting WR's not too easy :p

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

About the 3-letter abbreviations: it is a little unfortunate they literally only use the first 3 letters, considering there's both Chontey and Chomchuen in the same competition

Chontey made a 3rd attempt :yikes:

fnRiKxI.png