website statistics

Weightlifting IWF World Championships 2018

bestmen

2 hours ago, MHSN said:

even his PB is not probably good enough for that. Talakhadze is setting World Record year by year :d

Unless he went 'full retard' in 'preparation' :evil: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, MHSN said:

PS: Sohrab Moradi almost missed Rio because of another stupid mistake. instead of 2 yeasr, he served almost 30 months ban for his doping case and only made it to Rio because of special permission from Ajan himself to let him participate at the Pan-Am Championship.

I remember this :d 

In fact, thanks to you mentioning that back in those days I wrote about it on a Dutch sports website :p 

https://frontpage.fok.nl/nieuws/738373/1/1/50/voorkeursbehandeling-voor-doperende-topgewichtheffer.html 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Who should I be cheering for, Tian Tao or Moradi? Moradi has clear penalty points for being a convicted doper and another penalty point for being unfairly treated (in a good way for him) by the IWF president, so the decision will have to be made based on their personality.

@MHSN Is Moradi a decent guy worth cheering for?

@Function CR Lee Same question about Tian Tao :d 

3 minutes ago, George_D said:

is there any livestream better than the official site's one?

Turkmen Sport :cheer:

http://tv.online.tm/ch004.html

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Who should I be cheering for, Tian Tao or Moradi? Moradi has clear penalty points for being a convicted doper and another penalty point for being unfairly treated (in a good way for him) by the IWF president, so the decision will have to be made based on their personality.

@MHSN Is Moradi a decent guy worth cheering for?

@Function CR Lee Same question about Tian Tao :d 

he is indeed such a nice guy. there were (and still are) so many questions about his positive test . there were some issues inside our WL federation at the time. if you remember all of our top weightlifters boycotted the national team after the 2012 Olympics and Moradi was the only member of that 2012 dream team who joined the NT and probably that was the price he had to pay for that. he had a poor result in that 2013 Asian Champ. probably one of the worst results of his career. it doesn't make sense if he was on drugs :mumble: so many people still think he was framed, as well as Saeid Alihosseini back in 2009 that's why I always support these two guys. by framed I don't mean IWF or anybody else but some corrupt people inside the Iran WL federation.

1 ora fa, MHSN ha scritto:

the number of positive tests for Iran is between 10 and 20. so Iran can qualify 2 male and 2 female for Rio. while they started women's weightlifting but this is toooo early for them to even think about the qualification.

and believe me our federation is very stupid to have a long term plan like that, they made so many mistakes like this. even here they made a mistake and 3 weightlifters (at least one of them was a clear medal chance ) missed the competition because they didn't know they have to register names at least 3 months before the competition (for doping reasons etc) . I strongly doubt they know the details of qualification system. I will try to contact some of those missing weightlifters to make sure they know the rules. I believe it will be Moradi and Alihosseini for Tokyo but still 2 years is a long time and who knows what will happen.

PS: Sohrab Moradi almost missed Rio because of another stupid mistake. instead of 2 yeasr, he served almost 30 months ban for his doping case and only made it to Rio because of special permission from Ajan himself to let him participate at the Pan-Am Championship.

interesting to know that they started women's program...:yes

maybe one day they will be as good as the men are nowadays..

3 minutes ago, MHSN said:

he is indeed such a nice guy. there were (and still are) so many questions about his positive test . there were some issues inside our WL federation at the time. if you remember all of our top weightlifters boycotted the national team after the 2012 Olympics and Moradi was the only member of that 2012 dream team who joined the NT and probably that was the price he had to pay for that. he had a poor result in that 2013 Asian Champ. probably one of the worst results of his career. it doesn't make sense if he was on drugs :mumble: so many people still think he was framed, as well as Saeid Alihosseini back in 2009 that's why I always support these two guys. by framed I don't mean IWF or anybody else but some corrupt people inside the Iran WL federation.

Yeah I remember there was a boycott and a big fight within Iranian weightlifting, but I thought Moradi was on the same side as Salimi and Rostami (?) who I believe you once told are kinda arrogant pieces of trash, hence my question :p

Well Moradi actually being a nice guy doesn't make this easier :lol: Alright, hoping for an awesome fight then :d