website statistics

Weightlifting IWF World Championships 2018

bestmen

Zojuist, Federer91 zei:

On the scale to a thousand, how excited is @heywoodu about the weightlifting Worlds. :d

:lol: 

Not only the weightlifting in particular, but especially the 55kg that's about to start now considering Om Yun-chol is one of my all-time favourite athletes :hyper:

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Kwak Un-bom :PRK in Dutch could be sort of translated to 'Throw a bomb' or something, interesting name for a North Korean :d 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

21 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

By the way about the name abbreviations: it's not perfect, but just keep the start list close and it's not hard to know who's who....more importantly they finally have some sort of live graphics, although it's still a bit 'meh' that during the CJ they show the CJ standings in those graphics instead of the much more important total standings :p 

But still, improvement! 

you always keep this link open and you don't need TV graphics :d they should also the NOC code or at least a flag near the name

https://www.iwf.net/scoreboard/scoreboard3.php

14 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Since I was in time only to see the last two attempts (one Thai and one Turkmen), and the commentator was a little vague about the 'judges error' in the 2nd attempt, what happened exactly? I am looking the video now and see she tried and succesfully lifted 104kg, but then did the second attempt again at 105 (and missed it). I read a comment here that there was a wrong weight, so can anyone enlighten me? In the '104kg' lift, how much did she actually lift?

I didn't get it how much but those who are very expert in weightlifting can notice that by color of those weights on the barbel. that's how probably someone in the jury found out that. (who knows maybe that wasn't just a mistake !?? intentional maybe) one thing is for sure it was definitely not 104kg.

Zojuist, MHSN zei:

you always keep this link open and you don't need TV graphics :d

https://www.iwf.net/scoreboard/scoreboard3.php

I do that when I watch on TV, but the problem is it's not on TV and I have to watch on a stream, which is at least 30-40 seconds behind but probably even a minute.....meaning I'd see the lift result too early every time :d I do use it after snatch though

1 minuut geleden, MHSN zei:

I didn't get it how much but those who are very expert in weightlifting can notice that by color of those weights on the barbel. that's how probably someone in the jury found out that. (who knows maybe that wasn't just a mistake !?? intentional maybe) one thing is for sure it was definitely not 104kg.

I'm quite certain someone on Reddit or something figures it out :p 

RIP Kwak

Zojuist, Griff88 zei:

Why bother if Turkmen Sport TV is ready to serve you 24/7

Because I prefer English :p But just in case, where can I watch Turkmen TV?