website statistics

Weightlifting IWF World Championships 2018

bestmen

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Yeah I remember there was a boycott and a big fight within Iranian weightlifting, but I thought Moradi was on the same side as Salimi and Rostami (?) who I believe you once told are kinda arrogant pieces of trash, hence my question :p

Well Moradi actually being a nice guy doesn't make this easier :lol: Alright, hoping for an awesome fight then :d  

he never took side, his attitude was like "whoever is the coach that's not my business I go train with him" and he wasn't a big name at the time, actually out of our 6 weightlifters in London 2012 he was the only one didn't win a medal. actually he bombed out in a humiliating way.

31 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Who should I be cheering for, Tian Tao or Moradi? Moradi has clear penalty points for being a convicted doper and another penalty point for being unfairly treated (in a good way for him) by the IWF president, so the decision will have to be made based on their personality.

@MHSN Is Moradi a decent guy worth cheering for?

@Function CR Lee Same question about Tian Tao :d 

I think Moradi is stronger than Tian Tao,but I’ll still cheer for Tian.

Wow, Onica jumping up with 170kg like it's a pack of sugar instead of 1kg under his PB.

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, Function CR Lee said:

I think Moradi is stronger than Tian Tao,but I’ll still cheer for Tian.

Probably, but I want to know if Tian is a 'nice' guy :p I prefer cheering for nice people instead of for the flag next to their name, which means much less :p  (case in point: Dutch athlete Dafne Schippers, who is/was world class but comes across as such a huge negative personality there's no way I want to cheer for her)

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Wow, Faris Ibrahim opening with an eeeeasy 171kg, one kg more than his now old PB :yikes: 

8 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Probably, but I want to know if Tian is a 'nice' guy :p I prefer cheering for nice people instead of for the flag next to their name, which means much less :p  (case in point: Dutch athlete Dafne Schippers, who is/was world class but comes across as such a huge negative personality there's no way I want to cheer for her)

image.png.52d0829054ac000d9233f3c993267ecf.png

If Moradi loses that belly, he competes with Om Yun-chol.