website statistics

Weightlifting IWF World Championships 2018

bestmen

10 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

You learn a lot about Turkmenistan watching the live stream for a week. Apparently Kämil Market is THE BEST supermarket ever :cheer: (note the surprisingly large number of black people in this commercial, which looks just a little like trying to make it look more Western, considering these demographics that show exactly 0 significant groups of where one might expect to find a large number of black people :p )

It's also every Polish ski jumping fan's favourite supermarket. 

These World Standards are very weird, how can the World Standard in the new Women's -87kg for Snatch be 132kg and 164kg for C&J when the now historic WRs for Women's -90kg are 130kg and 160kg, respectively?

Stopped watching sports, there are better things in life.

3 minutes ago, Quasit said:

These World Standards are very weird, how can the World Standard in the new Women's -87kg for Snatch be 132kg and 164kg for C&J when the now historic WRs for Women's -90kg are 130kg and 160kg, respectively?

90kg was very new, we had that for 1 or 2 years . that's why records were extremely low there.

still yeah I think the standards are too high for this 87kg. they will remain for a while. before that it was 75kg and +75kg. most top weightlifters above 75kg probably was much heavier than 87kg to compete in this weight. it will take a while to have some quality weightlifters in this weight.

1 minute ago, Quasit said:

they should have just kept those -75 and +75 kg , or adding 4 kilos here and there rather than having these boring 81 and 87 competitions , anyway i think they thought that no big countries did really care about -90 kg as it wasn't olympic event and thus we didn't see some huge records , but when we make this weight olympic , huge records will come , even though 296 kg is still very enough for a bronze in +75 category or +87 in a WCH or Olympic games 

39 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

Based on this WCH , i think China can at least win 6 gold medals in Tokyo out of possible 8 , let's wait for 2019 and see what can Russia and Kazakhstan deliver , even though they won't affect China's chances much in Tokyo 

Since the women's weightlifting was included in the Olympics,Chinese weightlifting get 5 gold medals in every Olympic games.

Just now, MHSN said:

I think Chilean coaches just beat Russia and Armenia in being the dumbest ! they deserved a trophy for that !  what the hell was that !?

Iam not watching now , did they just add 1 kilo or they didn't modify the weight on time ?

1 minute ago, thepharoah said:

Iam not watching now , did they just add 1 kilo or they didn't modify the weight on time ?

I'm watching it , still hard to say, she looked a bit confused . maybe they wanted her to beat Perez of VEN and just hope for one of those top 2 to bombs out

but even if that's true still

1) why not trying 140kg in 2nd attempt and saving the last one for catching up the DOM girl ?!

2) both 139 and 140 was too easy for her. she was surely capable of more.