website statistics

Weightlifting IWF World Championships 2018

bestmen

2 minutes ago, MHSN said:

Only new WR in total :( so far we have new WR only in 4 out of 9 possible chances in men's events. I really don't like this "World Standards" to remain for long.

I was expecting more from China. but at least they got their first gold.

In 2018 world championship,the Chinese weightlifting team's first goal is the Olympic points,next is the gold medal,so they didn't choose a high weight to begin their competition.

Just now, Function CR Lee said:

In 2018 world championship,the Chinese weightlifting team's first goal is the Olympic points,next is the gold medal,so they didn't choose a high weight to begin their competition.

I'm 100% sure this is no problem for China to qualify the maximum possible quota. they should not even care about that.

but I thought after being absent for a year. the Chinese team is more prepared to dominate the competition . making a statement or something like that. only one gold after 6 events isn't great for China.

just watched this

205kg in snatch for someone with 96kg bodyweight !:yikes: this is 9kg more than Standard record for 109kg ! even though he is not going to try that in the competition. because of Tian Tao he will probably only try to make a good gap for the CJ  where Tian Tao sometimes does impossible works. still 185kg WR should be too easy for him.

11 minutes ago, MHSN said:

just watched this

205kg in snatch for someone with 96kg bodyweight !:yikes: this is 9kg more than Standard record for 109kg ! even though he is not going to try that in the competition. because of Tian Tao he will probably only try to make a good gap for the CJ  where Tian Tao sometimes does impossible works. still 185kg WR should be too easy for him.

Too bad he is already a huge favourite at the bookmakers, not much money to be made with a 1.25 odd :p (which for me is too low for any favourite considering even the greatest lifters can have a bad day and bomb out)

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

34 minutes ago, MHSN said:

I'm 100% sure this is no problem for China to qualify the maximum possible quota. they should not even care about that.

but I thought after being absent for a year. the Chinese team is more prepared to dominate the competition . making a statement or something like that. only one gold after 6 events isn't great for China.

You're right,In the CCTV interview, the Chinese athletes were also a little unconvinced, indicating that they would beat their opponents in the next match.
But indeed, China believes that the Olympic points is very important. The leader of the Chinese weightlifting team said before the game that we did not have any goals in this competition and strive for Olympic points.

Edited by Function CR Lee

Chen is gonna try 140kg for the overall gold in her last attempt :hyper:

Last year Lidia Valentin won the CJ gold with 140kg....in 75kg :lol: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Ooooh so close :d 

Props for the attempt :bowdown: