South Korea b. Romania 45-28

Bronze Medal Match:

Italy b. Romania 45-41

Gold Medal Match:

South Korea b. Iran 45-28

Here is the Full Final Ranking (and Results) from Today's competition:

http://fie.org/competitions/2019/758/results/rank

Edited by phelps

Surprised to see Iran on podium after a while. :champion: this season was disastrous for all of them, didn't expect anything today (they all lost in Round of 64 yesterday) but they beat Hungary and Italy before losing badly (as usual) to Korea. pity this is not inside the Olympic qualification but still very important to collect points and stay as high as possible in the ranking to have easier opponents for the next tournaments.

but damn this Korean team is too strong. they are almost unbeatable . with Korea being in top 4 is a sure thing. Iran only have to stay higher than China and Japan to qualify for the Olympics but that's not easy anymore. both of them made it to top 8 here. (and we had 4 Asian teams in QF) and specially China is getting better and better.

Mighty Ana takes gold in women epee; she seems to have found the perfect equilibrium after her come-back in 2018 and I hope Ana can keep it up until Tokyo, which is her final target in a glorious career. For those who have missed the final: 

Edited by zob79

Just now, zob79 said:

Mighty Ana takes gold in women epee; she seems to have found the perfect equilibrium after her come-back in 2018 and I hope Ana can keep it up until Tokyo, which is her final target in a glorious career. For those who have missed the final: 

by the way, Grand Prix events have their own thread...;)

https://totallympics.com/index.php?/topic/1469-fencing-fie-grand-prix-2019/

Just now, zob79 said:

Forgive me but the joy for Ana's triumph has taken me over :P

no problem...to me, it wasn't even necessary, but "from above" they decided to have 2 separate threads for regular WC and GP...so, I can only follow the rules...;)

• 2 weeks later...

5 minutes ago, Dunadan said:

Last World Cups before the Olympic qualification period starts:

:ARG Buenos Aires, M epee

???

It's not much, but at least it's a list of who qualified from the pools and who didn't.

http://www.esgrima-fae.com.ar/userfiles/file/FAE 2019/CEM.pdf

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!