website statistics

Slalom Canoeing 2016 Discussion Thread

hckošice

todays results of the world cup 2nd round in Seu d´Urgell.

In womens K1 Maialen Chourraut (ESP) showed a fabulous race and demonstrated a great knowledge of the home track and won by 2.12s ahead of Jessica Fox (AUS) and 4.10 of Ricarda Funk (GER)

and in the last event of the 2nd World Cup stage we had a huge surprise in C2 the not so known french crew Tillard/Le Ruyet achieved a upset winning the race by 2.54 of Marzo/Perez (ESP) and 4.23 of Schroeder/Bettge (GER)

next weekend the World Cup move to France but remains in the pyrenees in Pau with the 3rd stage.

On 11.06.2016. at 14:35, hckosice said:

todays results of the world cup 2nd round in Seu d´Urgell.

In mens C1 Alexander Slafkovský (SVK) won ahead of Denis Gargaud-Chanut (FRA) and Vitezslav Gebas (CZE)

In non-olympic womens C1 Nuria Villarubla (ESP) won in front of her teammate Miren Lazkano and Noemie Fox (AUS)

and in mens K1 The czech Vít Přindiš won 0.18s ahead of Jakub Grigar (SVK) and 0.33s of Peter Kauzer (SLO)

btw today for the first time we have right now the slalom cross events, trying to be introduced in Tokyo 2020 canoe slalom program,

all results and stats you can follow during this weekend world cup stage here http://www.canoeicf.com/results-pages/2016-icf-canoe-slalom-world-cup-2

Slafkovsky winning a lot this year and he doesn't get selected... Meanwhile, Benus who got selected, was quite a way down the ranking here. I presume that you are not happy with that selection?

#banbestmen

14 minutes ago, dcro said:

Slafkovsky winning a lot this year and he doesn't get selected... Meanwhile, Benus who got selected, was quite a way down the ranking here. I presume that you are not happy with that selection?

well, Beňuš has such a "free season" this year, as he was qualified earlier. so all his seson is peaked only for Rio, he is trying to pek his form also for only for Rio. he is spending a lot of time in Rio since last year, probably none in this planet trained so much in the olympic venue as him. so I don´t take those results seriously, the difference between Rio olympics venue and the majority of european venues is quite different. also he won the heats on Friday quite clearly, but yesterday did a mistake in the semifinals when his boat went too faster under one upstream gate, when he tried to return back he lost 5-6 seconds and it was too much to enter for the final.

Sure Slafkovský look very good in the seasons debut, European titlein Liptovský, yesterdays world cup win in Seu d´Urgell...but unfortunately as you know ICF rules allow only 1 boat per nation which is clearly a disadvantage for SVK. especially in C1 !!! The qualifications rules were clear, and Matej won the spot. Slafkovský had to show those results last year. and don´t forget that Slafkovský even ended 3rd behind Martikán in this internal fight.

So the news from his staff were right. Beňuš form is going slowly to be realy interesting before Rio. what a semifinal race from him in this extremely difficult circuit :bowdown: +4 seconds ahead of the second and even controling the last meters without paddling

14 minutes ago, hckosice said:

live stream for todays finals will start in 15 minutes

Let's try something new and watch this :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, hckosice said:

enjoy :cheer:

Slovaks/favourites in the end right? I hope so, because if I don't restart my computer right now it'll explode :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!