website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Eurovision Song Contest 2019

rybak

Just now, dcro said:

heywoodu always likes Switzerland. :p

Apart from their football team depending on the presence of one specific player. Boooo.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

@Werloc would have represented Lithuania better than this dude.

Please tell that to my entire country :lol:

I feel as if I'm somewhat at fault for Jurijus not going to the final, because I already took the best songs that Ash Hicklin could offer :p

Well, in no particular order, these four were the best:

:SWE

:NED

:LAT

:DEN

And then these could have made it through

:ROU

:IRL (would appreciate if she learned to breathe)

:AZE

:SUI

The rest could have gone home together with 14 songs from semi-final one. Sadly, we're going to have a lot of filler during the final this year.

My personal favourites are going to be Sweden, Netherlands, Denmark, Czech Republic and Germany

My thoughts after watching the semifinals:

The ones I'd like to lift the trophy:

:NED all the way!! This year I'm really behind the favorite, love the lyrics, the music and his song. I think the staging could have been better, but I think the other factors should count the most when choosing the winner.

:SWE I'm so glad they have put a real singer with a decent song and epic back vocals, instead of a runway model. 

:SRB I love her vocals and the fact she sings in Serbian. I think at times she goes too loud, and the staging doesn't help her either, but I'd like to see her finish in a high place.

:NOR I like how their voices seem to "match" and create a good vibe song, with some fantasy touches.

:AZE He has not the best song, yet he works with it beyond my expectations, so it is my dark horse.

Performances that I like to see to get a good placing:

:ESP I wasn't behind this song at first, but his performance showed a balance between energy and good vocals. I don't think is a winning entry, but I'd love to see them go above any other of the Big 5.

:CZE Love how the band get their act together, even if they doesn't have the best singer, they definitely own the stage.

:ALB She didn't gave her best today, but still has enough talent and presence, and qualifying from a the hardest semi, gives her extra merit.

:BLR I thought from the begining she was underrated; not a winning act, but she gave her best effort, unlike other performers, so the best of luck on Saturday.

:MKD I usually don't like songs that serve to promote political agendas so blunt, but can't deny her delivery of the song is almost perfect and makes her an anthem.

Underperform:

:GRE I was expecting more from her, the song has so much potential, but her vocals were not good and the staging rather unimpresive.

:CYP I understand opening the contest must be hard, but still, such an energetic song deserves a better delivery.

:ITA Great music, great lyrics as it has been the case for the past three editions; however San Remo jury must find a pleasant voice who can shine on stage due to his/her singing abilities.

:DEN Nice song, even if quite "pink", but her singing was subpar on the semifinal. I pray she does better on the final.

:ISL One of my favorites for a top 5; liked the irony between their lyrics and the fact they were participating. But I guess this is one of those cases where sound engineers are the real heroes.

What are they doing in the final:

:SLO Belgium has taken the fault for their performers being without charm, but what about this? Most overrated song of this edition, without doubt. She mumblres all through a spineless, boring tune I'd use to slit my wrists in a bathtub

:EST Generic electro pop with a singer that often yells and goes off key; enough said.

:AUS Enjoyed their stage act, but too much circus, with mediocre singing, but what can be expected from a half song?

:SMR On one hand I like to see the "tiniest entry" in the final; but Serhat voice is really hoarse and he could barely dance along, the song was saved by the catchiness of the chorus and a brave decent from the backing singers.

Deserved to be in the final:

:HUN This was not Origo, but he still is a good singer.

:LAT Too "boring" from "modern" audience, yet her voice and the acoustic guitar are some of the best I've listened in years.

:MDA A good vocalist, an interesting staging, damaged by a subpar song.

:IRL She was one the few that really seemed to enjoy being there, and went beyond my expectations but got stuck in the hardest semi.

Biggest dissapointment

:ROU A decent song, thrown away with a staging that screamed "Dracula" instead of "melancholia" and a singer that never found her voice, coupled with another excellent product of sound engineering. :wall:

Edited by mrv86

Just as I thought, Semi Final 2 was tougher, but I knew going in that Romania (my overall winner) wouldn't qualify.

I'm actually content with this year's final because I only hate 2 songs, but there are some days that I'll be fine with a Dutch victory and other days I want someone else to win.

4 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

Can't watch it live, but my favourites from the final are: :NED  

Worst songs in the final: :SMR

You're playing with fire here, but because you mentioned :NED I won't put you on my blacklist :evil:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!