website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Eurovision Song Contest 2019

rybak

Can't we stop putting opinions down as 'facts'? Norway having a mediocre song is not a fact, it's your opinion :p 

Which is fine, but not a fact.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Can't we stop putting opinions down as 'facts'? Norway having a mediocre song is not a fact, it's your opinion :p 

Which is fine, but not a fact.

I'm sorry that my monologue interrupted your celebration of Germany getting a 0.

I'll let myself out now.

1 minute ago, Werloc said:

I'm sorry that my monologue interrupted your celebration of Germany getting a 0.

I'll let myself out now.

I was feeling more bad than happy about that :p Come on, 0 points. That's just sad for anyone.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

31 minutes ago, EselTheDonkey said:

By the way, you got 12 Points from German televoting.

And thanks Europe for the well deserved 0 points in Televoting. It's the deserved punishment for broadcaster NDR who did nothing to promote the Songs or singers in the last months or to help them in any way.

And as always those that get punished in the end are the artists. To this day, I still can't understand the last place you got in 2016. One of the things that I dislike most about Eurovision is the attitude towards the Big 5, where only Italy gets praised and showered with love every year, while Germany, Spain and UK have an all-out brawl with the hosts for last place, combined with France somewhere in the middle.

6 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I was feeling more bad than happy about that :p Come on, 0 points. That's just sad for anyone.

I'm honestly most sad for Czech Republic. Apart from Mikolas Josef, the televote is brutally murdering them every single year.

3 minutes ago, Werloc said:

I'm honestly most sad for Czech Republic. Apart from Mikolas Josef, the televote is brutally murdering them every single year.

Yeah that was awful as well :( 

Going against everyone though and say I was happy to see San Marino scored relatively speaking very well in the televotes :d 

6 minutes ago, Werloc said:

And as always those that get punished in the end are the artists. To this day, I still can't understand the last place you got in 2016. One of the things that I dislike most about Eurovision is the attitude towards the Big 5, where only Italy gets praised and showered with love every year, while Germany, Spain and UK have an all-out brawl with the hosts for last place, combined with France somewhere in the middle.

The whole thing with having pre-qualified countries (sure, apart from the host) is annoying..

I mean, I get it, they pay. But still.

Edited by heywoodu

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

The whole thing with having pre-qualified countries (sure, apart from the host) is annoying..

I mean, I get it, they pay. But still.

Well, having them qualify automatically is very counter-productive and also a reason why nobody from big 5 is winning the Eurovision anymore.

THEY DON'T GET TO PERFORM IN THE SEMI-FINALS. They are shooting themselves in the foot hard with this one as they get the least exposure compared to other Eurovision artists.

7 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Well, having them qualify automatically is very counter-productive and also a reason why nobody from big 5 is winning the Eurovision anymore.

THEY DON'T GET TO PERFORM IN THE SEMI-FINALS. They are shooting themselves in the foot hard with this one as they get the least exposure compared to other Eurovision artists.

Unless they can somehow pull it off of Lena did in 2010, I always believed that she was the exception to the rule

21 minutes ago, Werloc said:

I hated our last place in 2015. I loved Ann-Sophie and Black Smoke and think it deserved much better. 2016 was fine, I guess. I would never have ranked it last and felt sorry for her, but I didn't much care for the song either.

But after last years (IMO, well deserved) success, NDR did nothing this year. They had a lackluster national decision, did nothing to promote the song (not even in Germany) and just look at their stage presence tonight. Oh wait, you can't, there wasn't any.

Heck, NDR put the official Video on YouTube last Monday, literally months after everyone else. Oh how I miss the days of Stefan Raab. He knew how to promote his artists and how to set them in scene. Every single of the 6 Raab-entries finished in the Top 10. Out of the non-Raab entries there were only two this century. Michelle and last year Michael Schulte.  

Edited by EselTheDonkey