website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Eurovision Song Contest 2019

rybak

Actually, I like this voting sequence better than the one they had previously. I was pleasantly surprised that Norway won the televote, but shocked that North Macedonia with its sleeper ballad did so well with the juries. Of course it was inevitable that the Netherlands would win, but I cheered for them anyway.

Also, why y'all gotta do Malta like that tho?

45 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

Deserved.

Painful as it is to see someone get zero (!) points, I agree.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

44 minutes ago, bestmen said:

I told you Singing is not fireworks

An emotional lady song like this apparently works very well :cheer:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

28 minutes ago, Skijumpingmaster said:

While I'm not a fan of the jury , I totally agree with Iceland , ESC is not the place for that stuff. 

ESC is the place for that political stuff, as tons of songs show year after year :p 

No offence to Norway, but the song that they've sent was beyond awful. It was on par with the crime against music when Romania sent yodelling.

The jury nearly picked Macedonia, a very bland, uninteresting song with a vocalist that's middle of the pack and for the first time in my life, I couldn't even sing a single line of it, cause I don't remember it.

Thank fuck that with the combined votes, we at least got Netherlands in 1st and Italy in 2nd and ultimately there were at least five songs in the top 10 that were good.

Edited by Werloc

2 minutes ago, Werloc said:

No offence to Norway, but the song that they've sent was beyond awful. It was on par with the crime against music when Romania sent yodelling.

The jury picked Macedonia, a very bland, uninteresting song with a vocalist that's middle of the pack and for the first time in my life, I couldn't even sing a single line of it, cause I don't remember it.

Thank fuck that with the combined votes, we at least got Netherlands in 1st and Italy in 2nd and ultimately there were at least five songs in the top 10 that were good.

Norway received most televotes ( which included 8 12 points) , so you're a minority there. 

7 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Boooooooo.

1 minute ago, Skijumpingmaster said:

Norway received most televotes ( which included 8 12 points) , so you're a minority there. 

Yeah, I remember the yodelling got a lot of televotes too, so I'm not very surprised actually. Still doesn't really change the fact that the song had an awful conception as was somewhat shown by the low score from the jury.

I loved Norway in 2014, adored Norway in 2015 and loved Norway again in 2017. Last year it was Rybak with the worst lyrics of 2018 (and that's in a year where we had songs like Gucci gang), so I am really really hoping Norway can make this right with a wonderful song in 2020, because I miss enjoying your music.

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Boooooooo.

Melodical conception was bad.

The beats during the chorus were giving me PTSD from all of the cheapest Swedish Eurovision beats that they used to love to send.

Combined with a man that struggles to sing at all

I felt sorry for the woman, she's a solid performer.