website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Eurovision Song Contest 2019

rybak

4 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

He should have sung this song :P

Well actually, he chose the right song in terms of popularity, but I like this one and the Swedish entry not that much.

He wanted to ;)

8 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Well, it is a very popularised music theory. I don't have the medical vocabulary to explain it correctly in English, so I guess we'll just leave it at that.

Just saying there's a reason why on every live SNL, Ellen live performance and concerts, artists are usually backed up by black backing vocalists.

Actually had the pleasure of working with some black musicians from UK that were touring with us in Lithuania, not to mention that they could play any and every instrument, the bassist and I repeat the BASSIST had the best vocals in the effing room :lol:

I'm sure that there must be a long explanation about this. But then again, the greatest voice of this century in my opinion was from Amy Winehouse. This alone makes me question how race can be a factor when it comes to a great voice.

Edited by thiago_simoes

5 minutes ago, Werloc said:

I think it's some sort of myth or legend where you have to train every day and something happens. Been trying for more than 10 years and nothing happened, so I'm assuming that it is as real as unicorns.

I googled and apparently it's the mythical 'six pack'. Can confirm it's real, although I've never seen a man with it :yikes:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

I'm sure that there must be a long explanation this. But then again, the greatest voice of this century in my opinion was from Amy Winehouse. This alone makes me question how race can be a factor when it comes to a great voice.

Race can definitely be a factor, that doesn't mean it's the only factor :p

I don't find it weird, bad or anything to think different 'sets' of genes may have slightly different qualities.

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

Oh? That's interesting. What happened, did it not qualify in the selection process?

Yeah. Wasn't selected. Not the first time a song was sent to Melodifestivalen but ended up in another country (we've had a few of those in Denmark as well)

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I googled and apparently it's the mythical 'six pack'. Can confirm it's real, although I've never seen a man with it :yikes:

I would bet if John Lundvik would take of his shirt you would see it. 

Or maybe it's just me dreaming about it?:p (I should probably stop drinking more Gin and tonic)