website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Eurovision Song Contest 2019

rybak

7 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

I know Eurovision is all about diversity, but it looks fake to me when Sweden chooses one black male singer and four black female backing vocals to represent the nation. It looks like a desperate attempt to say: "LOOK, WE HAVE DIVERSITY. LOOK! LOOK HERE! DIVERSITY!"

Interestingly enough, in the music industry the highest percentage of backing vocalists are usually black and most famous artists usually work with black backing vocalists for albums and for tours.

Genetically they tend to have better depth, which makes their voices stronger and they tend to sing a bit more ovally, so sprint and marathon running is not the only category in which we lose out.

Now if nearly all white artists are doing it, there's literally no reason for a black artist to pick up white backing vocalists especially when going for the whole gospel vibe.

20 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

We especially disagree on the voices then. I felt like my ears were breaking.

Of course your ears are breaking, we all had to survive Serhat in the first semi-final. Nobodies ears are safe now.

8 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

And the male dancers had see-through shirts. Classy act all around.

See-through shirts are the new classy shirtless look. Where you really want to show your abs, but don't want anybody else to think that you want to show off your abs.

9 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

Of course. Not suspicious at all.

As a mixed-race man (I consider myself black), I always take this whole diversity thing with a grain of salt when it comes to nations where the majority of the population is white. Yes, it's cool to show some diversity, but when it's clearly forced like this, it looks bad and instead of supporting the nation, I only feel like they are trying to use black people in their own favor. 

Well. It was Lundvik and one of the chorists who gathered the group, not the Swedish television or something...

5 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Of course your ears are breaking, we all had to survive Serhat in the first semi-final. Nobodies ears are safe now.

Serhat made me happy :p

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Genetically they tend to have better depth, which makes their voices stronger and they tend to sing a bit more ovally, so sprint and marathon running is not the only category in which we lose out.

Oh, come on. We'll agree to disagree, then. The last thing I want is to bring genetics to the discussion. Nope. Just nope.

3 minutes ago, Werloc said:

See-through shirts are the new classy shirtless look. Where you really want to show your abs, but don't want anybody else to think that you want to show off your abs.

Haha abs. What is that? 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!