website statistics

Wrestling UWW World Championships 2018

Totallympics

2 minutes ago, MHSN said:

perfect coverage from UWW. no sound for some mats. no scoreboard for some mats. you just have to pray for them to go to the left corner of the mat and maybe you can see the scoreboard. even though it's hard for me to even watch the rest of the competition after Yazdani's defeat.

Isn't that like, in the beginning of every UWW event. Their site is such garbage...

3 minutes ago, phelps said:

no comment on UWW website...moreover, Mat 2 continuously rewinds and get back to the beginning of the session...just another "pearl" from them...

by the way, easy start for :ITA Frank Chamizo (effortless 9-0 against a guy from :TJK)...:fingers:

that Tajik guy is acually Russian. not a piece of cake. but still. I think Chamizo has easy path to the semifinal against Burroughs or Sidakov. personally I hope he wins the gold and I think he will.

36 minutes ago, MHSN said:

that Tajik guy is acually Russian.

Didn't see that coming :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

47 minuti fa, Federer91 ha scritto:

Isn't that like, in the beginning of every UWW event. Their site is such garbage...

IJF Rulez :bowdown:

Being serious, when I switched to Mozilla Firefox instead of using Safari, it all worked well. Then honestly IJF is much better than UWW and World Taekwondo, as they have a mat per mat schedule and an easy way to swith from one mat to another

I can't believe this. how this is even possible !! Hosseinkhani once again lost in last 30 seconds. no matter who is his opponent. this time against Jordan Burroughs ! no matter how good or bad is his opponent. he always losses in last 30 seconds. this is happening for the 10th time in his career. only if wrestling time was 5:30 instead of 6 minutes he would be World Champion

:IRI Hosseinkhani got very close, but finally it was :USA JB to get the victory home... 

meanwhile, second match and second win for :ITA Chamizo...

very tactical start, but then he took the advantage and never looked back, conceding just a single point in the last 30 seconds to the Korean guy...

today Frank looks very focused, he's not taking any risk nor wasting energy in spectacular moves there's no need of...

and it looks we're almost ready for the quarterfinal stage in all of today's classes...

-61kg, QTFs

:IND vs :RUS

:IRI vs :CUB

:BUL vs :USA

:GEO vs :JPN

-74kg, QTFs

:ITA vs :KAZ

:USA vs :RUS

:TUR vs :BLR

:GEO vs :AZE (AZE won a very controversial eightfinal match vs :MGL, with an accepted challenge in the very last second that overturned the final score from 5-4 in favor of the Mongolian to 6-5 for him)

-86kg, QTFs

:CUB vs :USA

:POL vs :RUS

:FIN vs :ESP

:TUR vs :KOR

-125kg, QTFs

:GEO vs :RUS

:IRI vs :TUR

:IND vs :KAZ

:USA vs :CHN

7 minutes ago, phelps said:

:IRI Hosseinkhani got very close, but finally it was :USA JB to get the victory home...

You can say exactly the same thing about most of Hosseinkhani's matches. he is always close to win but ends up being the loser ! unless he is leading by more than 3-4 pts otherwise this is a sure thing he is going to lose in last 30 seconds. being a fan of him is like being masochist . even though this time I was fully prepared to see him losing like that. :d even though I wasn't expecting to wrestle this good against Burroughs. I was expecting a blowout but he just enjoys to always lose like this