website statistics

Wrestling UWW World Championships 2018

Totallympics

1 hour ago, kapil857 said:

It is actually very annoying for many of us Indians as well.

The thing is that a large number of our wrestlers and boxers come from the state of Haryana.

Now I am no expert in the subject, and somebody can correct me if I am wrong, but from what I understand, many people in Haryana believe in never ever using your surname with your name because your surname identifies your caste. 

There has been some unfortunate caste-based violence in the past in Haryana and, as a result, many believe that the best way to avoid it is to just never ever reveal your caste as it doesn't matter. In fact, I think some of the big boxing and wrestling stables in Haryana actually have a rule that you are not allowed to use your surname.

Thanks. Good that wrestling and boxing aren't big in the Netherlands and I probably won't write too much about it on a Dutch website, because it would feel really strange to write some article and only mentioned someone's first name :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

brackets are out for tomorrow. only 61kg bracket looks balanced. unbelievably one sided draw in other 3 weights. we will have lots of "lucky medalists"

61kg draw looks OK. Bowne-Rashidov final is more possible. our young wrestler has to deal with Bowne in 2nd round.

74kg, top half is VERY hard. Burroughs and Chamizo are both there and to make things worse we also have Sidakov ! no chance for any other wrestler in top half including our Hosseinkhani, in bottom half things look good for Demirtas. probably Abdurakhmanov is the favorite for the bronze medal.

86kg. the whole year UWW tried to promote a possible Yazdani-Taylor match for possible 86kg final but guess what they got each other right in the first round :facepalm:Kurugliev of Russia is also there !! plus Aminashvili and the Cuban wrestler. couldn't be worse . top half looks empty . good chance for another silver for Makoev of Slovakia or maybe Turkish wrestler. or maybe a lucky bronze for the host nation.

125kg. I barely remember a draw worse than this ! unbelievable . just unbelievable. if I had to name top 8 wrestlers in this weight. 7 of them are in bottom half. and with both Akgul and Geno there. all other wrestlers have no chance for medal already. (including our wrestler Hadi) the American Gwiazdowski will walk into the final easily. and we will have a very lucky bronze medalist there. maybe first ever freestyle medal for China ! or Mongolia.

22 dakika önce, MHSN said:

brackets are out for tomorrow. only 61kg bracket looks balanced. unbelievably one sided draw in other 3 weights. we will have lots of "lucky medalists"

61kg draw looks OK. Bowne-Rashidov final is more possible. our young wrestler has to deal with Bowne in 2nd round.

74kg, top half is VERY hard. Burroughs and Chamizo are both there and to make things worse we also have Sidakov ! no chance for any other wrestler in top half including our Hosseinkhani, in bottom half things look good for Demirtas. probably Abdurakhmanov is the favorite for the bronze medal.

86kg. the whole year UWW tried to promote a possible Yazdani-Taylor match for possible 86kg final but guess what they got each other right in the first round :facepalm:Kurugliev of Russia is also there !! plus Aminashvili and the Cuban wrestler. couldn't be worse . top half looks empty . good chance for another silver for Makoev of Slovakia or maybe Turkish wrestler. or maybe a lucky bronze for the host nation.

125kg. I barely remember a draw worse than this ! unbelievable . just unbelievable. if I had to name top 8 wrestlers in this weight. 7 of them are in bottom half. and with both Akgul and Geno there. all other wrestlers have no chance for medal already. (including our wrestler Hadi) the American Gwiazdowski will walk into the final easily. and we will have a very lucky bronze medalist there. maybe first ever freestyle medal for China ! or Mongolia.

125kg is really quite a disaster. It should not be so hard to create proper seeds before the tournaments. 

Bonne is known for an aggressive wrestling style that includes explosive throws and other eye-catching maneuvers. According to one wrestling outlet, Bonne's wrestling style "has put the phrase 'Bonne Bombs' into the wrestling lexicon."

Cool, I want live streams or videos or something :cheer:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Where's the Cuban legend who throws Akgul around when it really matters (Olympics)? :(

Edit: never mind, he's a Greco-Roman wrestler, my bad :d 

Edited by heywoodu

At least we have some "new", non-traditional nations competing on the first day already, like Bolivia, Liberia or even Sudan twice!

I also like the names Adanabasier :CHN and Catriel Muriel  :ARG. :d

Stopped watching sports, there are better things in life.

Just now, Quasit said:

At least we have some "new", non-traditional nations competing on the first day already, like Bolivia, Liberia or even Sudan twice!

If they show up..