website statistics

Wrestling UWW World Championships 2018

Totallympics

Zsanett Nemeth getting injured in the world champs semi final in front of her home crowd, then fighting half the match basically standing only on one leg and fighting mostly against her tears :cry:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, Quasit said:

Maybe a gift for Russia not winning any golds last year? :p

Are there any other wrestlers besides Nabi and Kudla you "enjoy very much"? :d

not really. most of Russian wrestlers faced brutal draw here. they were all well-prepared and deserved the gold medal. I think they got one or two dubious calls in freestyle but in Greco-Roman they were very very dominant.

:d I'm sure I didn't mention Kudla here in this championship but yeah your memory works very well. I just hate wrestlers winning medal by doing NOTHING and just winning by cautions. Metehan Basar for sure and I can add Nemes to the list as well. he won last year title only by cautions if I'm not wrong he scored one "real" point in the whole competition ! and maybe the Norwegian guy Stig Andre Berge. and there was a guy from Denmark Mark Madsen. I assume he is retired now.

but nobody is even close to Nabi for me. this guy won several medals by poor luck. I'm sure you guys think I'm exaggerating but if you watch his matches in youtube you won't find him executing a technique or something. he is a two time World Champion ! he is just hard to score on. that's the only thing I give him credit for.

well I hate to see the medals being decided outside the mat. that was indeed a 4pts throw in1st period. things would be different with a 4-1 on scoreboard. I give credit to the Swedish guy he was willing to take the risk. when you are losing it doesn't matter if it's by 1pt or 10. you have to take the risk. only if our wrestlers were as brave as him.

now the last match, let's see what's their plan to give the gold to Lorincz. :d he should not be in the final in first place. Kim got robbed against him last night

Edited by MHSN

32 minutes ago, MHSN said:

not really. most of Russian wrestlers faced brutal draw here. they were all well-prepared and deserved the gold medal. I think they got one or two dubious calls in freestyle but in Greco-Roman they were very very dominant.

:d I'm sure I didn't mention Kudla here in this championship but yeah your memory works very well. I just hate wrestlers winning medal by doing NOTHING and just winning by cautions. Metehan Basar for sure and I can add Nemes to the list as well. he won last year title only by cautions if I'm not wrong he scored one "real" point in the whole competition ! and maybe the Norwegian guy Stig Andre Berge. and there was a guy from Denmark Mark Madsen. I assume he is retired now.

but nobody is even close to Nabi for me. this guy won several medals by poor luck. I'm sure you guys think I'm exaggerating but if you watch his matches in youtube you won't find him executing a technique or something. he is a two time World Champion ! he is just hard to score on. that's the only thing I give him credit for.

On a personal note, I don't mind Nabi winning medals since Estonia doesn't win too many and I support them. Although given the bracket I was surprised to see Kayaalp losing to him.

Stopped watching sports, there are better things in life.

surprise surprise. no fishy call in the final. that was a real fight. in last 2 minutes I was expecting a caution and point for Lorincz but fortunately this time they let the better wrestler wins.

and what Hungarian coach was thinking asking for that challenge in first period ? another free gift ?!

8 minutes ago, Quasit said:

On a personal note, I don't mind Nabi winning medals since Estonia doesn't win too many and I support them. Although given the bracket I was surprised to see Kayaalp losing to him.

I also don't mind Estonia medal in any other sport and or even in wrestling by any other wrestler. just not this guy. I just can't stop myself disliking people getting what they don't deserve. in Nabi's case this is happening for him so many times.

yeah he didn't let Kayaalp score, which is a big thing but he also didn't score himself. caution for both of them , Kayaalp was leading 1-1 and while both of them were doing nothing, they gave Kayaalp another passivity caution in last 40 seconds , gifting the match to Nabi. I know someone has to win in situations like this when they are doing nothing but Nabi was no way the "more active" wrestler. he is always "more passive"

Men's Greco-Roman Wrestling

Medallists Recap

Men's GR -55kg
Gold: :AZE Eldaniz Azizli
Silver: :KGZ Zholaman Sharshenbekov
Bronze: :TUR Ekrem Ozturk & :GEO Nugzari Tsurtsumia

Men's GR -60kg
Gold: :RUS Sergey Emelin
Silver: :MDA Victor Ciobanu
Bronze: :CHN Walihan Sailike & :KAZ Aidos Sultangali

Men's GR -63kg
Gold: :RUS Stepan Maryanyan