website statistics

Wrestling UWW World Championships 2018

Totallympics

5 minutes ago, MHSN said:

well there is no women's GR exists as far as I know.

I remember during that IOC session deciding about wrestling's fate, (when IOC dropped wrestling first and made it compete with Squash and few other sports for the last spot) they asked the UWW officials about this and the female representative of UWW said so far women don't show interest in Greco-Roman globally.

At this point I don't even care if they dropped GR completely and held 18-20 Freestyle events or added Belt Wrestling instead.

The matches I watched today looked very boring and I didn't like most GR results anyway. :p

Stopped watching sports, there are better things in life.

1 minute ago, Quasit said:

At this point I don't even care if they dropped GR completely and held 18-20 Freestyle events or added Belt Wrestling instead.

The matches I watched today looked very boring and I didn't like most GR results anyway. :p

well that's true. Greco is boring. once IOC was very serious about dropping it at 2004 but you should know Greco is more popular in Europe. (I mean apart from Ex soviet countries) and they won't let that happen. and beside it's easier for UWW to give medals to different countries in Greco.

btw UWW is trying to make Greco watchable by changing the rules almost yearly. but they just made it worse. made it more corrupt . more controversial calls. it's mostly in hand of the refs to decide the winner.

impressive result for Kazakhstan B team. winning 2 bronze medals. their A team was less successful in Asian Games.. 60kg wrestler had some helps from the refs and was also lucky but this Shermakhanbet guy was indeed impressive. never heard of him before yesterday. he went through a very tough draw to win this bronze.

That protest against protest and everybody cheering and believing they won and then finding out they didn't and did and didn't in the women's 65kg final :lol:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

and so we're close to take the final curtain down...only 1 day of action left...

Tomorrow's Finals

Men's GR -77kg
Gold Medal Match: :RUS Aleksandr Chekhirkin vs :HUN Tamas Lorincz
Bronze Medal Match #1: :KOR Kim Hyeon Woo vs :UZB / :ROU / :LTU
Bronze Medal Match #2: :SWE Alex Michel Bjurberg Kessidis vs :AZE / :SRB / ISR / :KGZ

Men's GR -97kg
Gold Medal Match: :RUS Musa Evloev vs :BUL Kiril Milov
Bronze Medal Match #1: :SRB Mihail Kajaja vs :GRE / :HUN / :SVK
Bronze Medal Match #2: :ARM Artur Aleksanyan vs :VEN / :KGZ / :IRI

Men's GR -130kg
Gold Medal Match: :USA Adam Jacob Coon vs :RUS Semen Semenov
Bronze Medal Match #1: :EST Heiki Nabi vs :UKR Oleksandr Chernetskyy / :CUB Oscar Pino Hinds
Bronze Medal Match #2: :KOR Kim Min Seok vs :POL / :CHN / :GER

I had not heard it yet, but here it is: the commentator going with the classic "my sport is the sport that is known to be for everyone and where everyone has a place!" :cheer: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Wow, that women's 68kg final where Cherkasova just kept turning and turning Larroque around on her legs and the ref did nothing while the French coach was screaming his lungs out to stop the fight due to a very clear injury to Larroque's legs...

Here I am with the questions again :d

What on earth happened in the last minutes here?

Spoiler

It was 6-6 and 'easily' before the clock reaches zero, red takes blue down and gets 2 points and wins....then red protests?! Why on earth is red going for a protest? And they lose it! And then it's minutes of both athletes protesting everything and nobody knowing who the winner is :lol: Blue won, but I have no idea why.. 

3 hours ago, heywoodu said:

I had not heard it yet, but here it is: the commentator going with the classic "my sport is the sport that is known to be for everyone and where everyone has a place!" :cheer: 

Yes, obviously he tried every single sport before daring to state that...

#banbestmen

1 minute ago, dcro said:

Yes, obviously he tried every single sport before daring to state that...

That remark is high on my list of insanely annoying cliches, although "*Insert sport* has this and that characteristic, which makes it probably the most unpredictable sport of all, anything can happen in *insert sport*!"