website statistics

Wrestling UWW World Championships 2018

Totallympics

4 minutes ago, phelps said:

not this time...

not Gold and/or Silver, at least (and I hope not even Bronze, considered that we still have Conyedo with a chance)...

go Cuba...ops, I mean...go Italy!! :rofl::facepalm:

:d I think Oliynik will be favorite against both Conyedo or the Mongolian but I believe Conyedo has a chance . Oliynik is not such a great wrestler. if i'm not wrong he left Ukraine because he could not make their national team here.

what an end of the women's -55kg semi between :BLR Sidakova and :USA Winchester!

finally the last attempt of the US girl was denied by the video judge and the Belrussian won it...but it was fun to watch her praying and crying ad hoping while the refs were analyzing the video replay...

in any case, tomorrow she'll be destroyed by the Japanese Mukaida, who had a relatively easy semi vs the Chinese girl...

OK guys if you don't believe in miracles . watch this ! American Samoa beating Ukraine in wrestling :yikes: yeah I know . not by final score but still . first I saw the result I thought that's probably just a walkover or a mistake but no !

30 minutes ago, MHSN said:

OK guys if you don't believe in miracles . watch this ! American Samoa beating Ukraine in wrestling :yikes: yeah I know . not by final score but still . first I saw the result I thought that's probably just a walkover or a mistake but no !

nice 

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

what a match :bowdown: both wrestlers gave everything they had. I was expecting Bajrang to win the gold but damn who was this guy Otoguro ?! I didn't even know him before yesterday. this is what only Japan capable of. only Japan can send someone completely unknown and win medal. they did that with Higuchi in Rio. or Shinobu Ota.

but I don't know if he was injured or faking injury to have a bit rest. :dunno:

24 minutes ago, MHSN said:

what a match :bowdown: both wrestlers gave everything they had. I was expecting Bajrang to win the gold but damn who was this guy Otoguro ?! I didn't even know him before yesterday. this is what only Japan capable of. only Japan can send someone completely unknown and win medal. they did that with Higuchi in Rio. or Shinobu Ota.

but I don't know if he was injured or faking injury to have a bit rest. :dunno:

The supposed "mistaken" challenge clearly also played into the Japanese's hands in terms of rest. Great bout though.

Also, Otoguro is World Cadet Champion and had teched Takatani (Japanese silver medalist at Asian Games) in Japanese trials..

Edited by kapil857

yesss...vamos Cuba!...ops, I wrote it again...I mean, andiamo, Italia! :rofl:

Conyedo won a tough battle against the Mongolian guy and so we have another Cuban-born Italian in a Bronze medal bout...:cheer:

let's see if he can beat the last FS medal chance for the Host Nation, Pavlo Oliinyk (he too, not a proper Hungarian-born guy...but it's the modern globalized world, my friends ;))...:mumble:

Edited by phelps

Today's Semifinals...

Women's -65kg
:JPN Ayana Gempei vs :FIN Petra Maarit Olli
:AZE Irina Netreba vs :CAN Danielle Suzanne Lappage

Women's -68kg
:FRA Koumba Selene Fanta Larroque vs :USA Tamyra Mariama Mensah
:CHN Zhou Feng vs :UKR Alla Cherkasova

Women's -72kg
:CAN Justina Renay Di Stasio vs :EGY Samar Amer Ibrahim Hamza
:CHN Wang Yuan vs :MGL Nasanburmaa Ochirbat

Women's -76kg
:TUR Yasemin Adar vs :HUN Zsanett Nemeth
:USA Adeline Maria Gray vs :CAN Erica Elizabeth Wiebe

and Today's Medal Matches...

Men's FS -70kg
Gold Medal Match: :RUS Magomedrasul Gazimagomedov vs :BRN Adam Batirov
Bronze Medal Match #1: :CUB Franklin Maren Castillo vs :UKR Andriy Kvyatkovskyy
Bronze Medal Match #2: :MGL Byambadorj Bat Erdene vs :GEO Zurabi Iakobishvili

Men's FS -97kg
Gold Medal Match: :RUS Abdulrashid Sadulaev vs :USA Kyle Frederick Snyder
Bronze Medal Match #1: :ITA Abraham Conyedo Ruano vs :HUN Pavlo Oliinyk
Bronze Medal Match #2: :UZB Magomed Ibragimov vs :Elizbar Odikadze

Women's -55kg
Gold Medal Match: :JPN Mayu Mukaida vs :BLR Zalina Sidakova
Bronze Medal Match #1: :CUB Lianna de la Caridad Montero Herrera vs :USA Jacarra Gwenisha Winchester
Bronze Medal Match #2: :PRK Jong Myong Suk vs :CHN Zhang Qi

Women's -59kg
Gold Medal Match: :JPN Risako Kawai vs :TUR Elif Jale Yesilirmak
Bronze Medal Match #1: :CHN Pei Xingru vs :RUS Svetlana Lipatova
Bronze Medal Match #2: :MGL Shoovdor Baatarjav vs :MEX Alejandra Romero Bonilla

Edited by phelps