website statistics

Wrestling UWW World Championships 2018

Totallympics

It was very bad to see a wrestler running for 15 seconds and he got no penalty at all. Demirtaş was really not prepared for this tournament. He could not score any point in his last 3 matches but still, the guys who try to win medals without wrestling was the reason that wrestling almost pushed out of the olympics and we still see it in the freestyle. 

the Russian coach Dzhambulat Tedeyev is probably banned for the rest of the competition because he received a red card. he is not in the corner for 74kg final

I didn't expect a close match. Sidakov won the gold but I'm very surprised by Kentchadze's performance here. and that 2pts for Sidakov was indeed controversial. Kentchandze stepped out first . Sidakov pulled him back to the center of the mat and completed his take down since that wasn't the continue of the previous action they should gave him just 1pt. I assume the Georgian coaches didn't notice that to make a challenge.

1 minute ago, nitinsanker said:

I think the coach came back at the end of the bout and continued his obnoxious behavior by giving him the flag even before the bout was announced 

yeah he was the coach behind the coach noticed that later :d he is their head coach. a friend of Putin himself. he owns UWW. banning him after the red card is the normal penalty but they can't even do that :d bullying the ref worked well for them to make sure nothing bad will happen in the next final. and now we have two back to back matches vs Russia. our guys should be careful.

Just now, merlinsbeard said:

Wow, I was thinking Yazdani is a real beast but look at Taylor. He beat all the opponents quite easily, he was even clearly better than Yazdani. Great performance. 86kg is I think the hardest and most challenging one with 74 kg in freestyle.

I would vote Taylor as the best wrestler of the tournament so far and he clearly deserved it. but that's not really correct. Yazdani was dominating him until he gassed . no excuse that's part of the game but it wasn't like he was dominating or something. Yazdani needs to learn some strategies. he does the same thing against all opponents. and if he can't finish it in 3-4 minutes. he is in trouble. I just hope he learns from this. that was a good learning lesson.